• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Pelagos Dial Rotated: US fixer???

paulbrichter

29/3/11
Hi all- I need help. Just purchased (for a second time) what turns out to be my favorite favorite favorite watch. The Tudor Pelagos.
Unfortunately, the dial has rotated and shifted on me. A common issue I’ve come to find the hard way.
This is the second time it’s happened to me.
A few years ago, I had purchased a different Pelagos super rep when it just hit the market and after a few months of wear, dial shifted. While I had some experience tinkering and opening up some reps- I gave it a whirl and mucked the whole thing up. It’s a two piece dial construction with the surrounding chapter ring separate from the dial and hour markers.

I’m not going to make the same mistake with this one by opening it up on my own.

Is there anyone? Anyone? US based that I can send this thing to that can just shift this rotated dial back to where it’s supposed to be, glue this thing down and close it back up without any issues?? If you’re moderately confident with your skills, PM me or reply. If you’ve newly acquired some watchmaking skills during quarantine, PM me or reply!

I’m desperate.

Some pics for reference:

bfe7c85c9cb2daec0a4671dafeaff04f.jpg

e93c6d75a9c14c341628fa8d16e72c24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Wowsers! I was thinking it might be a degree or two out of alignment but that's certainly shifted!

Good luck finding some help. Don't forget the trusted modders/repairs section if you have no luck finding someone.

paulbrichter

29/3/11
Wowsers! I was thinking it might be a degree or two out of alignment but that's certainly shifted!

Good luck finding some help. Don't forget the trusted modders/repairs section if you have no luck finding someone.

Thanks man. Hoping for an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UmpaHimself

7/6/12
Weird, you would think it has dial feet to prevent these kinds of issues. I would PM one of the trusted watchmakers on the forum. I am sure someone would get you sorted.

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
You can buy dial dots. I dropped a vintage rep submariner and it got about as off kilter as yours. I fixed it with dial dots. You do need to be comfortable enough to remove the movement, hands and dial.