• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help on my first Rep purchase from TrustyTime!

last-starbender

Looking Around
28/8/16
I have been a long time lurker here, but I just want to make sure everything is set and stone before I follow through with my first purchase. So I finally have decided to get in on this hobby after years of dabbling, and I've always wanted the Rolex DayDate. This is the one I am set on:

https://trustytime.asia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=18094

Now, I have read BP is the best factory for these DayDate's, but one thing I'm confused about is it's listed as Swiss movement. Is this actually a legit Swiss movement. From my perspective, this is the best version of this rep, unless someone has other opinions. I would like to go ahead and buy it but I need to make sure of these things before! Thank you for all your help in advance and I'm excited to finally join the community with a watch of my own.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hello and :welcome:

From what Ive read I doubt it will be Swiss and even if it is it will be thrown together Swiss from mixtures of old components and at least need a service. BUT run with it as it is, it could work nicely for a long time before you need to do anything with it.

Lets wait for other comments.

Good to see you here posting. Enjoy your stay :)

Last edited:

last-starbender

Looking Around
28/8/16

From what Ive read I doubt it will be Swiss and even if it is it will be thrown together Swiss from mixtures of old components and at least need a service. BUT run with it as it is, it could work nicely for a long time before you need to do anything with it.

Lets wait for other comments.

Good to see you here posting. Enjoy your stay :)

Thank you!

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

From what Ive read I doubt it will be Swiss and even if it is it will be thrown together Swiss from mixtures of old components and at least need a service.

This ^^^^^^ plus ETA no longer supply new movements to third parties ( haven't for a while) and only make them the Swatch group .Secondly the watch is only $378 a brand new in the wrapper ETA 2836 -2 will cost the watch maker that so do the maths .They (ETA) guard them like magic beans , it's why micro brands have switched to Selitta's and Miyota's over the last few years .

Last edited: