• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fascinating "real vs. fake" video @GearPatrol

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I've conducted experiments like this myself and that one dude is a perfect example of how people react.

Most People can not tell the difference. Even well versed watch enthusiasts.

I have handed people replicas and said "this is real" and people will talk about the quality and how good Rolex, Panerai, or Omega does in putting together a watch and they'll talk about how it will last a lifetime.

I handed people a real submariner and said "this is an expensive rep" (I did this to 7 people) and asked "what do you think? How close is it?" and all 7 people were like "pfft I can tell right off the bat. This is junk. Just toss it out. You think this is an expensive rep? You got beat".

So when that one dude with the RM is like "oh yeah now that you mention it this feels cheap" is bs. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Poecilotheria

Horology Curious
2/7/20
US (unfortunately)
Wow this was a fun watch!!! I love these types of vids, learn some cool stuff too. I’ve always wanted to have a table of fakes and gens and try and determine which is which lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m800

Known Member
9/6/19
The finishing on the Patek was so obviously fake it hurt my eyes to look at it.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
They got two really skilled guys to check those watches for authenticity. Might have just as well picked my niece (8 years old).

Cartier: "Doesn't feel authentic to me because of the fact it has all these scratches on it."

RM: "It feels legit... it's heavy."

Breitling: "The second hand sweeps."

Ulysee Nardin: "I've never heard the name."

Reactions: SHB and Ams55557

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
heavy = legit! wow! what a conclusion! :D thanks for sharing!

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
They got two really skilled guys to check those watches for authenticity. Might have just as well picked my niece (8 years old).

Cartier: "Doesn't feel authentic to me because of the fact it has all these scratches on it."

RM: "It feels legit... it's heavy."

Breitling: "The second hand sweeps."

Ulysee Nardin: "I've never heard the name."

LMAO

I wouldn't buy them a watch, you have 99% of luck to buy a rep haha