• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this just marketing? 1:1 or 1-1 Best Edition

Robbs

Looking Around
30/6/16
He everyone, really stupid question. I have several replica's. My favorite is a fifty fathoms Blanc Pain 1:1. I think I got it from Toros. Anyway, I want a PAM 1118. Looks like it only comes black face...wow would be cool with blue face and band. But I will settle for black face. Anyway, dealers have them listed looks like from VS factory. So here is the stupid part. Looks like all dealers have the same one. But is there a difference when they describe just 1:1 vs 1:1 Best Edition. Yes, there are other minor differences in the write-ups. Such as depth rating etc. If they are all close in price, are they the same thing? Since they come from VS factory? OR does VS factory make different levels of replica quality?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
He everyone, really stupid question. I have several replica's. My favorite is a fifty fathoms Blanc Pain 1:1. I think I got it from Toros. Anyway, I want a PAM 1118. Looks like it only comes black face...wow would be cool with blue face and band. But I will settle for black face. Anyway, dealers have them listed looks like from VS factory. So here is the stupid part. Looks like all dealers have the same one. But is there a difference when they describe just 1:1 vs 1:1 Best Edition. Yes, there are other minor differences in the write-ups. Such as depth rating etc. If they are all close in price, are they the same thing? Since they come from VS factory? OR does VS factory make different levels of replica quality?

1:1 best edition etc.. are all just marketing bs they use all the time. Dealers also tend to give different depth rating as it is one of those spec that has not gone through a proper test. The rest like movement, case size etc should be the same.

They are usually the same watch if they are labeled from the same factory and the same version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
They're all the same watch all dealers have access to the same factories and pieces.

You might want to check out the Panerai forum. There is a thread there on the watch.

It's great. Both the rep and the gen. Also the dial is pretty amazing too.
9c8d43a35f1f94289d7d0f28fa7e13ba.jpg
48b1bc0fbfe67d53a4700173f94de935.jpg
dbf39ffc1e827142707f392d737ba5a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk