• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Loose rotor on 3285 movement

Yohc88

Looking Around
18/10/19
My rotor on my GMT Master II 3285 movement has come off. There doesn't seem to be a locking switch and I think it is secured by a screw. Can anyone offer any assistance on how this screws back on ? It is not a typical flathead or Philips type screw head. Also how much should I tighten it ?

TIA

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
The central part of the rotor with the fake jewel is nothing more than a glued decoration. Remove it and you’ll find the screw right below it

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
How much should I tighten it ?

Kinda hard to explain. It shouldn’t be loose, but it shouldn’t be that tight to break it as well. Remember they’re chinese buttery soft screws and they can break if tightened too much.

Hypnos78

Looking Around
5/9/21
Hi there, I'm new here, but saw this post. EXACTLY what I have a problem with. Where can I buy a new bearing for the weight/rotor in a Rep Batman with 3285 movement in the USA? Thanks so much!

bespoken12121

Looking Around
23/1/22
I just came across this almost 3 years after OP posted this and I am glad I found it! As Nikz19 said, the central part of the rotor is purely ornamental (aka non-functioning jewel) and in my case it was glued on with this rubbery-type of adhesive (maybe a latex based glue?). I figured out that as the rotor moved, it would slightly twist the ornamental jewel. In turn, the underneath screw that attaches the rotor to the movement would twist, overall resulting in the rotor to become loose and/or detached from the movement. I just removed the ornamental piece, put it in my watch repair box and I'll forget it is there until the end of time.