• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V2S with 2836 for 453USD or NOOB V10 for 338USD?

afallintree

Horology Curious
24/2/19
Pretty much the question in the title, i have no problem spending the 100usd more for the ZZF but do you think it’s worth it? Also there is anything that maybe is worth waiting, i was reading that ZF is going to release a new Hulk model

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
If the noob is the model with the 2836 movement then I would go with noob. Some will argue that the insert platinum color is a little better with the ZZF, but having had both I found the overall the noob to has a better fit and finish. Another option to consider is the ARF. ARF has the best bracelet, but for mid-case construction I still vote for noob.

Reactions: afallintree

afallintree

Horology Curious
24/2/19
If the noob is the model with the 2836 movement then I would go with noob. Some will argue that the insert platinum color is a little better with the ZZF, but having had both I found the overall the noob to has a better fit and finish. Another option to consider is the ARF. ARF has the best bracelet, but for mid-case construction I still vote for noob.

Thx for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that i was comparing both watches with the 2836 movement, about the ARF i didn’t mention it cause is not discounted like the NOOB, atleast on the dealer i’m looking to buy from and from the comparison i think the date font is just way too off compared to other models.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Thx for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that i was comparing both watches with the 2836 movement, about the ARF i didn’t mention it cause is not discounted like the NOOB, atleast on the dealer i’m looking to buy from and from the comparison i think the date font is just way too off compared to other models.

My preference towards noob stems from the fact that their cases can accept just about any genuine part you wish to install on it without modification. Also the rehaut engraving is much much better with noob versus ZZF. On the flip side the bezel insert text for ZZF is much better than noob. Supposedly they use a platinum plating process similar to the genuine which means it should last without fading or darkening over time, which tends to be an issue for noob as well as ARF. I agree the date font with ARF is horribly blown out. ZZF vs noob, it's kind of a toss-up as they are both pretty good. I personally found that the noob bracelet has better finish than ZZF. ARF is still the best replica bracelet around. For a turnkey watch where you're not planning on doing anything besides wearing it, ZZF probably is the better choice by a slim margin as they both have their pluses and minuses, The question that you will need to answer for yourself is this.... How long do you plan on keeping it and how much will you wear it. if you plan on doing a significant amount of swimming with one then I expect the ZZF insert font will hold up better than the others. Unfortunately there's not really a good solid correct answer.

Reactions: afallintree

Mav2000

10/1/19
Rx4Time is it true that the V10 can take both 3135 and 2836 movements in the same mid case? Is it the same for the V9? Thanks.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Rx4Time is it true that the V10 can take both 3135 and 2836 movements in the same mid case? Is it the same for the V9? Thanks.

The crown height is different for the 2836 movement versus the 3135 movement, so no, you cannot install a 3135 movement in the 2836 mid case. This is true for all versions not just the current one. Additionally the dial feet are in a different position for the 2836 movement versus the 3135 movement, the hand posts are different and the date wheel is different. The first question that you need to decide on is do you have any plans of building a Franken watch. If the answer is no then the 2836 movement is overall more reliable and cheaper/easier to repair or replace should it die. Generally the 2836/2824 movement options are the better movement for someone just getting into the hobby.

Mav2000

10/1/19
The crown height is different for the 2836 movement versus the 3135 movement, so no, you cannot install a 3135 movement in the 2836 mid case. This is true for all versions not just the current one. Additionally the dial feet are in a different position for the 2836 movement versus the 3135 movement, the hand posts are different and the date wheel is different. The first question that you need to decide on is do you have any plans of building a Franken watch. If the answer is no then the 2836 movement is overall more reliable and cheaper/easier to repair or replace should it die. Generally the 2836/2824 movement options are the better movement for someone just getting into the hobby.

Thank you

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I’ve had every version of the ZZF LN and Hulk. Currently wearing a ZZF LN v1 on RubberB as I type this. I really like their efforts in the Sub range. That being said, for the money I’d buy the Noob v10. Even if you buy a CF v3 bezel M2M and slap it on the Noob, you’re still quids in on the ZZF. And you get a better bracelet and case.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I’ve had every version of the ZZF LN and Hulk. Currently wearing a ZZF LN v1 on RubberB as I type this. I really like their efforts in the Sub range. That being said, for the money I’d buy the Noob v10. Even if you buy a CF v3 bezel M2M and slap it on the Noob, you’re still quids in on the ZZF. And you get a better bracelet and case.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

But a worse dial, hands, xtal and datewheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
But a worse dial, hands, xtal and datewheel.

The ZZF dial is certainly better, especially in the markers. The hands...not so sure about. My ZZF hands are all over the map. And in my experience the ZZF xtals have been better than Noob - less hazy overall. But you're definitely right about the datewheel. That would drive me nuts. Same reason I sold my ARF DJ41s.

Reactions: stufuse

waxdec

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/19
Zzf crystal is nothing to write home about so I wonder how bad the Noob v10 one is if you think the zzf is better.

Last edited:

Stev3n

Looking Around
13/8/20
Hi

Could you please explain what a professional crystal is, I've seen it referenced a lot.

is why its different and how to obtain one... for us noobs.

Prof = Professor.

He's a retired professor.

He is one of the supporting vendors here. He is a magician who will take your hard earned money and will turn it into a beautiful gen-like crystal with double AntiReflective coating. Apparently, his crystals do have LEC (but you need to ask for it) You can reach him here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/member/73559-rnrprof/about

SteveM70

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/20