• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Review Audemar Piguet 15400 ZF White Dial

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
This is my first Rep, I have been starring at these photos for a while. Only thing i could catch is the screws underneath not being aligned. Notice some of the TD sites show the same. Is this normal? Are they suppose to be aligned in a more precise way?

Any opinions on the markers? Dial?

What are some good pointers to keep in mind when reviewing QC photos?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
((ATTACHED ARE VIDEOS))

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
Is this a normal occurence? It seems this screw might be pushed down deeper than the others?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
This is my first Rep, I have been starring at these photos for a while. Only thing i could catch is the screws underneath not being aligned. Notice some of the TD sites show the same. Is this normal? Are they suppose to be aligned in a more precise way?

General QC pic reviews are not allowed. Regarding the screws on the back - they can't be aligned if you think about it...

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
General QC pic reviews are not allowed. Regarding the screws on the back - they can't be aligned if you think about it...
Where can I post for QC reviews? I have seen others post in this thread too.

simon24james

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/20
Hey,

I am not trying to be negative, this is a general curiosity and nothing more... but why did you opt for the 15400 over the newer 15500? I have there 15500 and my reasons were the larger date wheel at 3 o'clock with a more symmetrical feel to the face of the watch. As well as the larger, more visibly open case back, and the more attractive movement (counter weight) on display.

Would genuinely love to hear your reasoning.

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Mmm, don't neccessarily think putting a member under the spotlight to publically "reason" his choice is neccessary?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
Hey,

I am not trying to be negative, this is a general curiosity and nothing more... but why did you opt for the 15400 over the newer 15500? I have there 15500 and my reasons were the larger date wheel at 3 o'clock with a more symmetrical feel to the face of the watch. As well as the larger, more visibly open case back, and the more attractive movement (counter weight) on display.

Would genuinely love to hear your reasoning.
I am a open book and would love to answer that. I have been a member on this forum for a while and have never pulled the trigger ever on a rep, until now. The 15400 ZF with the closure gen like case is a beauty. I have seen one of the members here put in a gen dial too (which i am probably going to do). I like the design with the automatic below more for some reason. The movement is not gen but i do like the rotor deign. And i also like the 15202 v2 with the AP below (which I want to get in blue) and then finally I do want to also get the 15500 but in a black dial. I am trying to build my rep collection and would love to have the evolution of that watch in a nice lux rep Louis Vuitton watch holder set. Curently a automatic Seiko boy. Lol

Sent from another world using Tapatalk

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
Mmm, don't neccessarily think putting a member under the spotlight to publically "reason" his choice is neccessary?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Appreciate that brother, but it's ok. These are all reps anyway, they will never be 100% perfect and I fell in love with this hobby. Learning all these great things from all the members here hs been a blast. I am super detailed oriented and glad to know there are members like that here as well when dissecting these watches.

Sent from another world using Tapatalk