• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP Needed : ZF IWC 500901 Big Pilot Watch not working (what are my options)

chinoisphile

Horology Curious
18/3/20
Hi,

I need help. I have recently purchased a ZF IWC 500901 Big Pilot Watch from a TD and received the watch on April 18 this year. I have not worn it since due to the Covid19 situation. A couple of days ago, I took the watch out to wind it and to my surprise, the stem and crown came off the watch. I tried to put it back myself and managed to do it and the watch seems to be working. But today, I found that the watch have completely stopped working.

Can anyone here give me some advice please? Should I send the watch back to the TD to be repaired? Does anyone have that experience before and share with me your experience and advice what is the safest way to send it back (via what delivery platform?)

Alternatively, I know I should look for a watch smith to fix it. Does anyone know of a watch smith in Singapore who can do the repair? If I take that route, should the TD compensate me on the cost of repair by the watch smith?

Please help as I am kind of depressed right now as this is my first Rep purchased with a TD and I have based my decision on the NWBIG list. I guess I am unlucky but the Mrs at home is giving me hell and may stop my newly found hobby altogether ! :-(

Please help.......

stockwatch

18/10/15
Honestly
Repair the watch otherwise it will take much longer with TD is not much help when it comes to repair also it will be cheaper to do that then ship it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chinoisphile

Horology Curious
18/3/20
Thanks for the advice. Now I have to look for a watch smith in Singapore who can and willing to repair a Replica and ask for a quote. Anybody have recommendations please PM me.
Hopefully it will not cost me a bomb to get it repaired...

stockwatch

18/10/15
Thanks for the advice. Now I have to look for a watch smith in Singapore who can and willing to repair a Replica and ask for a quote. Anybody have recommendations please PM me.
Hopefully it will not cost me a bomb to get it repaired...

If you comfortable shipping then DM my friend who’s watch smith [mention]Yasirkasimi [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chinoisphile

Horology Curious
18/3/20
Thanks, I will certainly keep that as an option. Will prefer local watch smith so that I do not run into customs risks

daveruzyiki

Looking Around
7/8/21
Funnily / Sadly enough I have the same issue with my same watch, also purchased from TD. Watch works great but stem and crown fell out. Anyone know of anyone who is in the Washington / Portland / Vancouver area?

As a side note, for anyone looking to buy seems like there may be some kind of defect going on if this problem is happening from the same ZF factory?

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
Don't buy ZF - watches look nice, and are often more accurate to oem, but qc is terrible. My TD even admitted that ZF owner doesn't care about qc just $. I have had more trouble with ZF watches, esp hands coming loose than any other manufacturer and finally refused to buy more frustration from them and avoid them entirely.

Last edited: