• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reverso Reps

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Anyone ever bought a reverso rep recently? Some TDs like Toro Bravo said its a great watch while others like Trusty Time say its a bad quality watch in terms of the actual reveso mechanism. I wanted to see what people who own one think.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I have one of Angus's original batch of Reversos. I added a bit of graphite lubricant to improve the slide mechanism, a 5 min job and it reverses very smoothly. It's on a Ziczac leather python strap.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Wow looks absolutely beautiful! I’ll look into graphite lubricant as you said because this is one of my favorite watches and I really want it to be good lol. Any tips on how to apply the lubricant? And thanks for the response!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Look at the JLC section of the forum, you'll find more in a few recent threads

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Will do thanks. I love how they look, Im only concerned about the reversing mechanism.

Reversing mechanism is fine, can't remember seeing a recent thread or even an old one about issues with it.
I have two Reverso rep, the older one is now 3 years old, it has not shown any sign of wear

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Just read the entire thread from December of when it first got released and you guys were all hype lol. I had dealer clocks and trusty time tell me the reversing mechanism was not smooth but I guess they’re comparing it to gen. As long as it doesn’t break or randomly have issues is the main thing. But from what I’ve read I think I’m going to pull the trigger on a Reverso tribute small seconds. Thanks for the help!

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Glaude I was also wondering which TD you got your reps from? I buy from Trusty usually but I heard one single bad review about his reverso and now I’m paranoid lmao.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
TD choice is a very personal matter, if anything I always find "smaller" TD to be more efficient and nice to deal with. I can't decide for you and I wouldn't want to disclose my TD at the risk of influencing people to go toward one or the other because I'm staff.

Check the feedback section of each TD and see if the review pleases you, check the terms & conditions of each TD and see if that work for you