• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this legit (Noob Factory)

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
Hi all,

Did a search but couldn't find anything. Not sure if this is the right place to put the topic.

I found this website of Noob factory, are they legit? (Scam site live link removed by Staff) their prices aren't particularly cheaper than our TD. But thoughts?

Has anyone ordered from this website?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hi all,

Did a search but couldn't find anything. Not sure if this is the right place to put the topic.

I found this website of Noob factory, are they legit? (Scam site live link removed)their prices aren't particularly cheaper than our TD. But thoughts?

Just a dealer trading on the noob name. Nothing more. Not a factory outlet or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Hi all,

I found this website of Noob factory, are they legit? (Scam site live link removed by Staff) their prices aren't particularly cheaper than our TD. But thoughts?

They are complete liars. If I recall correctly they even post pictures of what they claim is the Noob factory. It’s a scam site. They have no connection to the Noob Factory.

Quartz265

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/20
USA
They are complete liars. If I recall correctly they even post pictures of what they claim is the Noob factory. It’s a scam site. They have no connection to the Noob Factory.

Does anyone know why factories do not sell direct to consumers? Do they just not want to take on the added risk? Just curious...

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Does anyone know why factories do not sell direct to consumers? Do they just not want to take on the added risk? Just curious...

Yep. You/ we /they could be anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

well they do. Sorta. I’ve heard you can walk up to mot factories and buy products. If you know where they are and who to talk to but the thing is... that’s not what they do.

that’s like asking why Budweiser doesn’t sell direct to consumers, or why you can’t go to the bmw factories and buy a bmw. Because factories are set up to produce a product. Not sell it.

You could break it down more than that, but that’s a short simple answer. Besides, I prefer the factories focusing on what they focus on. If they had to deal with customers god knows what would happen.

Quartz265

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/20
USA
well they do. Sorta. I’ve heard you can walk up to mot factories and buy products. If you know where they are and who to talk to but the thing is... that’s not what they do.

that’s like asking why Budweiser doesn’t sell direct to consumers, or why you can’t go to the bmw factories and buy a bmw. Because factories are set up to produce a product. Not sell it.

You could break it down more than that, but that’s a short simple answer. Besides, I prefer the factories focusing on what they focus on. If they had to deal with customers god knows what would happen.

I completely understand that. Working retail as a teenager was the worst job I ever had so I understand their desire to avoid dealing with customers. I was just curious if this was a risk management strategy because I'm on lockdown and have nothing else to think about... I spent 20 minutes this morning watching Youtube videos of a guy mowing a lawn so that's where I'm at.

They have probably already done a risk-benefit analysis of integrating end-user sales into their business and found it isn't worth the headache or risk for the reasons you and stufuse mention.

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
One thing I did notice on that NOOBFactory is the prices are higher than usual. They also have the SAME LAYOUT as submariner.store... which I deemed as fishy.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Always best buying either from a TD listed on here or a M2M sale. Madness really to go any other route - the risk of either paying too much or getting sub-par product (or likely both) is too high.

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
One thing I did notice on that NOOBFactory is the prices are higher than usual. They also have the SAME LAYOUT as submariner.store... which I deemed as fishy.

As has already been said. They are a scam site. Not surprised that they charge more than our TDs. Really, the clue is in the T of TDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
I completely understand that. Working retail as a teenager was the worst job I ever had so I understand their desire to avoid dealing with customers. I was just curious if this was a risk management strategy because I'm on lockdown and have nothing else to think about... I spent 20 minutes this morning watching Youtube videos of a guy mowing a lawn so that's where I'm at.

They have probably already done a risk-benefit analysis of integrating end-user sales into their business and found it isn't worth the headache or risk for the reasons you and stufuse mention.
Naah Mate, the answer is probably simpler than that. How often do you travel to China? And if/when you do, how often have you walked the streets to buy products? The reality us that a large volume of buyers are outside of China, and language barriers aside, marketplaces fronted by vendors are the way of the land there - much easier and profitable to co-op and deal with people that already know how to speak the language and get stuff out to the international market. Added to that, don't forget you are dealing with counterfeit goods, they want to deal with trusted sellers as much as us ;).

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Last edited: