• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any reccommended packaging to buy before selling?

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Hi guys, going to start offloading some of my (too big) rep collection via M2M. There is of course a responsibility to ensure that the watches are packed 'bomb proof'. My question is whether anyone knows of any particular watch shipping boxes or specific packaging/boxing on Amazon or elsewhere that keeps the watches extra protected? Aside from a ton of bubble wrap etc. Thanks

tlabowski01

Known Member
4/9/19
I’ve always sent watches in the case I received them in, along with the foam outer case, then surrounded by bubble wrap inside any cardboard box that will hold it all securely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
A lot of bubble wrap and always ship in boxes, not padded envelopes or any thing other than boxes. I use flat rate USPS boxes. Also strong heavy duty packaging tape.

Reactions: Bill_C

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
A lot of bubble wrap and always ship in boxes, not padded envelopes or any thing other than boxes. I use flat rate USPS boxes. Also strong heavy duty packaging tape.
This is exactly what I do with reps.
Gens get shipped in original boxes wrapped in bubble wrap inside larger boxes. When in doubt, more bubble wrap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
You can buy foam peanuts lots of places. Use LOTS of bubble wrap. Use heavy cardboard box, pack tightly with foam peanuts, watch in center surrounded by 3-4 layers of bubble wrap. Tell carrier to mark as fragile or handle with care. Insure package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FragileExpressHP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/18
Try not to expose the dial and clasp logos if possible too. There have been many cases where postage processing services pocketing the watch and sending an empty package instead. the more bomb proof the better. A loosely packaged item could easily be “lost”.

Also pls consider some kind of insurance especially for HVS, which would cover a loss of item in the postage process.