• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Custom Dial Printing

Mick4004

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/16
Hi guys apologies if this has already been covered. I’m wondering if anyone has a good source for high quality custom dial printing. Having a bit of trouble finding a service on google. I couldn’t approach a rep maker as it would only be one piece I’d be looking for. Thanks in advance.

Mick.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
It all depends on which dial you want to get printed.
If you already have the base dial and the design (high def .jpg or .pdf. ile) and you just need to have it pad printed you should email helenarou ... [email protected]
They would charge about $110 (for just 1 color I suppose) + shipping.
You send them the blank dial, with all indexes removed if there are some, and the design file and they will print it.
I know they used to do it well as I already sent then an A/6538 Burford dial design, about 2 years ago, to be custom printed for a member on another forum.

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
It all depends on which dial you want to get printed.
If you already have the base dial and the design (high def .jpg or .pdf. ile) and you just need to have it pad printed you should email helenarou ... [email protected]
They would charge about $110 (for just 1 color I suppose) + shipping.
You send them the blank dial, with all indexes removed if there are some, and the design file and they will print it.
I know they used to do it well as I already sent then an A/6538 Burford dial design, about 2 years ago, to be custom printed for a member on another forum.

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Damn. That’s pretty cheap to get the dial laser engraved and then pad printed for 1 dial.

I may need to hit them up and get a few dials printed now.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Damn. That’s pretty cheap to get the dial laser engraved and then pad printed for 1 dial.

I may need to hit them up and get a few dials printed now.

Thanks!

Sorry but I mixed up methods ... my bad ...
I think Helenarou use silk-printing and not pad-printing ... so no printing plate to be engraved and just a silk cliché ... nevertheless they used to do really good job ...
BUT you'll have to send them the dial design ...

FragileExpressHP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/18
Sorry but I mixed up methods ... my bad ...
I think Helenarou use silk-printing and not pad-printing ... so no printing plate to be engraved and just a silk cliché ... nevertheless they used to do really good job ...
BUT you'll have to send them the dial design ...

Yeah I think pad printing actually allows you to print over the applied markers.

Thinking of getting a pad printer down the line as well. They’re in the range of 200 usd. A cliche would probably cost 50-100usd.

UNLIMITED PRINTING

I think silk printing doesn’t give enough texture and isn’t that great on the small details? Not sure though haven’t tried it

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Yeah I think pad printing actually allows you to print over the applied markers.

Thinking of getting a pad printer down the line as well. They’re in the range of 200 usd. A cliche would probably cost 50-100usd.

UNLIMITED PRINTING

I think silk printing doesn’t give enough texture and isn’t that great on the small details? Not sure though haven’t tried it

Pad printing just makes the little printed bits raise up a little bit, which makes it a HUGE improvement. On really old dials though, just printing should work since back then, the dials were pretty much painted on the plates by hand. lol.

You had me all excited about getting some dials printed. Dammit!