• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No sale access - clarification

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The honest truth...People who bought from cr7juv are going to lose money plain and simple. They paid 200, 75, 45, 20 (340usd) more than anyone for NO added value to the watch. His "brand new" watches were old. His "modifications" if you call them that were below standard.

There is a pattern in sales thread I noticed and not sure why its approved...Service of watch added to price list..... literally every user who I see who does this, their price list is just squeezing every bit they can out of a potential buyer similar to cr7... then you see good people for example sale thread TC v7 Kermit. That is a great example of the true spirit of watch enthusiasts. Its listed as movement service but does he try and squeeze 150 to 200 out of the buyer? NOPE.....Why? Because the service of a replica is just an incentive to buy not a way to make money. The replica is made in dirty conditions and a movement service is needed, especially on the rolex clones.

I think you need to shut the hell up, you know and/or understand Jack Shit.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
i have to agree with you regarding adding the cost of a service to the asking price, I've always found it a bit strange, it's a grey area as far as I'm concerned and it depends on when the service was done, if a seller sends a watch for service gets it back from the watchsmith and instantly puts it for sale then I suppose it could be justified. But if the watch was serviced and then the seller puts the watch up for sale 6 months later then surely he has already had the benefit of the reliability/ piece of mind from having that service and shouldn't expect the next owner to pay for that.

like selling a car, if I have my car serviced and have all new brake pads fitted then drive the car for 6 months I can only expect the market value not the market value + £375 service + 350 brakes, yes the fairly recent service and brakes might be a useful selling point but that's all.

Exactly! And the service is needed on these movements. I can buy a batch of 100 SH3135 clones brand new and maybe 40 are in working condition.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I have to disagree with that.
Sure a service is something that shouldn’t be factored in price when selling a watch. A gen watch.
But keep in mind these are movements that comes unserviced/poorly serviced from the factory, so having a solid, reliable, freshly serviced movement to start with is definitely a plus worth paying something for. Well for me, at least.

Cars are not exactly a correct comparison. If we had to translate that in automotive words, imagine you have to buy a car. But in this fictional world, cars come completely dry of any fluid from the maker. Would you pay a premium for having the car delivered with motor and brake oil or do you like to add it yourself?

were obviously looking at this from different points of view, so your saying, if the original owner has the watch serviced at the cost of $200 and after 6 months decides to sell the watch he can add the $200 on the asking price, then the second owner sells it after 5months he can add the $200 on and then the third owner and so on and so on, just because at some point the movement has had a full service. If I see a sales post with the cost of service added on that brings the price above or close to the cost of a new watch from a TD, I'll choose the new watch everytime but that just me and everyone is different,

keep safe

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
were obviously looking at this from different points of view, so your saying, if the original owner has the watch serviced at the cost of $200 and after 6 months decides to sell the watch he can add the $200 on the asking price, then the second owner sells it after 5months he can add the $200 on and then the third owner and so on and so on, just because at some point the movement has had a full service. If I see a sales post with the cost of service added on that brings the price above or close to the cost of a new watch from a TD, I'll choose the new watch everytime but that just me and everyone is different,

keep safe

Yeah, after quite some time I agree with you.. But a year old service is kinda fresh. Not to mention 6 months!
Good quality lubricants have 6-7 years lifetime. It’s kinda obvious you can’t ask your buyer any money for a service made years ago ahah

If I have to choose a 6 months old serviced piece vs a new watch from a TD I’ll take the serviced all the time, and I’ll be happy to pay the premium for that too. You can do that with a new watch too though, Trusty lists the eventual service on his website and you can purchase it and have the watch serviced before shipment. But as you said this is really just a matter of personal preference.

Nothing of this of course can be compared with asking 75$ for “alignments”. That’s called scam.

Reactions: Mike116

Max111

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/19
I think you need to shut the hell up, you know and/or understand Jack Shit.

You are being intolerant to different opinions and missed my point. I wasn’t talking about CR7 specifically and offered what I thought was a solution to make sure that the forum grows, people buy what they want and it pays to people who run this forum and spend a lot of time running this forum. People don’t want that. I am fine. I can see the point. No need to that kind of language. I will decide if I want to stay on this forum or leave. Thank you for your input

Reactions: Yogibear

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Since day one I knew this guy was wrong. Right @cr7juv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DD60

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Go Jakers, Go Jakers :woo:

Reactions: Mike116

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I’ve been thinking about the volume of sales that one guy could make by flying under the radar on, what, 3 sites. Is 30% margin reasonable? I think any money making endeavor kind of needs at least that, right?

If that’s the neighborhood of the margin... wow. First, I don’t understand why it seems so many of the SVs have a hard time keeping up— there should be plenty of money in it.

If I’m wrong about the profit margin, it seems that SVs are doing a huge service to the community by NOT charging more. They could respectfully charge more (supply/demand) or at least sort of expect a much “nicer” exchange with customers.

—very confused.

Frankie9

Renowned Member
1/1/19
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, i meant that he acted behind your back by lying and hiding his real self.

Looks like he's not new to selling gen watches with rep movements, he did it 7 times as Cr7 and a couple more as interestingmember905, just a quick search and i found this:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-oyster-perpetual-date-15200-all-gen-w-sh3135
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...actory-original-rolex-16200-datejust-w-sh3135

Those are too get the gen 3135s out of. You buy them for 3,000 take out gen 3135 movement and put in the SH3135 and sell for 1500 to 2000 and you get the gen movement at a discount. I did one myself and sold the gen watch with SH3135 in it for 1200 and paid 3000 for watch and 200 for SH3135 I sold it here on RWI so I ended up with a gen 3135 for 2000 and a member in the UK got an amazing deal for an all gen 15200 with SH3135 inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk