• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No sale access - clarification

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I must strongly recommend that anyone who wants to provide a cushion between Pickledbeetroot and GingerBubba refrains from doing so. You do not want to know what those two get up too and I would be fearful that the cushion would come in for some serious traumatic violation.

Max111

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/19
Very interesting. I am sort of new to the forum. Good conversation. On one hand, he is putting some product for sale and people buy it from him...a lot. People choose to buy or not to buy from him. Right? He is not forcing anyone to buy from him. So in a way he satisfies the need of some people. On the other hand this forum is non-profit. Would it be better if the forum would charge a percentage of sales as a fee, like eBay? I don’t see a problem with selling a watch for more than you bought for. I bought vintage Girard perregaux 10 years ago for $280. I put it on auction on Ebay and it went for $430. Obviously the numbers are small but overall it is still profiteering. Anyway good conversation

loewenzahn

Mythical Poster
16/12/14
Germany
Would it be better if the forum would charge a percentage of sales as a fee, like eBay? I don’t see a problem with selling a watch for more than you bought for.
Talk about an ethical dilemma. This forum bases on mutual interests, helping each other in a common hobby. This per se excludes making profit from each other, no?

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Very interesting. I am sort of new to the forum. Good conversation. On one hand, he is putting some product for sale and people buy it from him...a lot. People choose to buy or not to buy from him. Right? He is not forcing anyone to buy from him. So in a way he satisfies the need of some people. On the other hand this forum is non-profit. Would it be better if the forum would charge a percentage of sales as a fee, like eBay? I don’t see a problem with selling a watch for more than you bought for. I bought vintage Girard perregaux 10 years ago for $280. I put it on auction on Ebay and it went for $430. Obviously the numbers are small but overall it is still profiteering. Anyway good conversation

The ethos of the forum is not to make a profit off each other. Fair enough you bought a gen watch 10 years ago and of course it increased in value. We would have no problem with you advertising it here for current market value.

What we have a problem with is people buying watches and parts not for their own use but effectively just to make a profit off them in the very short term. Yes there are modders that do it but their level of sales are small and within reason and it does benefit the members, it still comes under the umbrella of hobby and they are not doing it as a 100k plus turnover business.

The staff here are all volunteers, we do it as a hobby and to give back to this great community. The forum does not make a profit. The sales area is there to facilitate members to sell watches they no longer like or use. The sales area is a free facility and will remain so unless something really drastic happens (again). Any donations after a sale are voluntary and there is no way we would enforce it as we are not like ebay or Amazon. The forum does not exist to make a profit actually over the last few years a few members had to pump their own money into it to keep it running. Sales is not what this forum is about it is about information hence the title. The sales area is just one small section as far as I am concerned.

I personally do not look kindly on our members been taken advantage of.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Would it be better if the forum would charge a percentage of sales as a fee, like eBay? I don’t see a problem with selling a watch for more than you bought for.

I totally disagree. In my opinion this is a forum for watch lovers, not a marketplace. I've nothing against people making money. By all means, sell your wares for profit on eBay or elsewhere, but it shouldn't be done here imo.

Last edited:

Lizandro

16/4/19
San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
I totally disagree. In my opinion this is a forum for watch lovers, not a marketplace. I've nothing against people making money. By all means, sell your wares for profit on eBay or elsewhere, but it shouldn't be done here imo.

I don't mind anything that happens here between people because this is a community of the most mis understood people probable in the world, Watch Enthusiast.

What bothered me people like you Cr7juv F**K U, the fact that taking advantage of good people here is what you do, You deserve all the bad shit that's coming to you soon.

And to any other scumbag here in RWI waiting to make you're move to scam someone here, just remember because no matter what you think you might know, we will always be one step, three steps- seven steps ahead of you, and just when you think you're catching up, that's when we'll be right behind you. And at no time will you be anywhere other than exactly where I want you to be. So come close. Get all over me, because the closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see.

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
So buy your frankens here, sell them on ebay as gens for huge profit you say :)

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I would imagine the sale would be approved. (just a giess/assumption).

The thing is, the new owner (who purchased the watch on cj7) is going to list a watch for what they paid.

Potential Buyers might start saying "hmmm maybe it's a little overpriced. I don't want to pay that" and it could sit until the seller comes down a little.

Or... Rolexes usually sell so quickly thay people see one pop up and might rush to DM "I'll take it" and it will be a non issue.

But I think it's an interesting point and I'm willing to bet that the mods snd admin are already discussing/have discussed how to proceed on price when his pieces pop up.

They do a great job here of running this forum and also protecting the members so I'm sure, however they handle it will be fair for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The honest truth...People who bought from cr7juv are going to lose money plain and simple. They paid 200, 75, 45, 20 (340usd) more than anyone for NO added value to the watch. His "brand new" watches were old. His "modifications" if you call them that were below standard.

There is a pattern in sales thread I noticed and not sure why its approved...Service of watch added to price list..... literally every user who I see who does this, their price list is just squeezing every bit they can out of a potential buyer similar to cr7... then you see good people for example sale thread TC v7 Kermit. That is a great example of the true spirit of watch enthusiasts. Its listed as movement service but does he try and squeeze 150 to 200 out of the buyer? NOPE.....Why? Because the service of a replica is just an incentive to buy not a way to make money. The replica is made in dirty conditions and a movement service is needed, especially on the rolex clones.

Reactions: Rolemars

loewenzahn

Mythical Poster
16/12/14
Germany
The honest truth...People who bought from cr7juv are going to lose money plain and simple. They paid 200, 75, 45, 20 (340usd) more than anyone for NO added value to the watch. His "brand new" watches were old. His "modifications" if you call them that were below standard.

There is a pattern in sales thread I noticed and not sure why its approved...Service of watch added to price list..... literally every user who I see who does this, their price list is just squeezing every bit they can out of a potential buyer similar to cr7... then you see good people for example sale thread TC v7 Kermit. That is a great example of the true spirit of watch enthusiasts. Its listed as movement service but does he try and squeeze 150 to 200 out of the buyer? NOPE.....Why? Because the service of a replica is just an incentive to buy not a way to make money. The replica is made in dirty conditions and a movement service is needed, especially on the rolex clones.

would you please stop spreading this hogwash as you realy have no clue. What is driving you? Malice?

Reactions: tech

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

You are new and don’t get it. This isn’t eBay. Members can sell whatever they want for as much profit as they like on eBay.....but not here. It goes without saying that you can’t sell reps on eBay, but profit all you want with gen watches and parts.

Max111

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/19
The ethos of the forum is not to make a profit off each other. Fair enough you bought a gen watch 10 years ago and of course it increased in value. We would have no problem with you advertising it here for current market value.

What we have a problem with is people buying watches and parts not for their own use but effectively just to make a profit off them in the very short term. Yes there are modders that do it but their level of sales are small and within reason and it does benefit the members, it still comes under the umbrella of hobby and they are not doing it as a 100k plus turnover business.

The staff here are all volunteers, we do it as a hobby and to give back to this great community. The forum does not make a profit. The sales area is there to facilitate members to sell watches they no longer like or use. The sales area is a free facility and will remain so unless something really drastic happens (again). Any donations after a sale are voluntary and there is no way we would enforce it as we are not like ebay or Amazon. The forum does not exist to make a profit actually over the last few years a few members had to pump their own money into it to keep it running. Sales is not what this forum is about it is about information hence the title. The sales area is just one small section as far as I am concerned.

I personally do not look kindly on our members been taken advantage of.

Thank you. You are right. I am new and I am learning as I go.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
It wasn’t him was it? That really would add a bit more fuel to the fire!

No it was one of his customers. He sold a gen with a SH3135. The buyer tried to sell it as a gen. He is banned now from most fora.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18

i have to agree with you regarding adding the cost of a service to the asking price, I've always found it a bit strange, it's a grey area as far as I'm concerned and it depends on when the service was done, if a seller sends a watch for service gets it back from the watchsmith and instantly puts it for sale then I suppose it could be justified. But if the watch was serviced and then the seller puts the watch up for sale 6 months later then surely he has already had the benefit of the reliability/ piece of mind from having that service and shouldn't expect the next owner to pay for that.

like selling a car, if I have my car serviced and have all new brake pads fitted then drive the car for 6 months I can only expect the market value not the market value + £375 service + 350 brakes, yes the fairly recent service and brakes might be a useful selling point but that's all.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
i have to agree with you regarding adding the cost of a service to the asking price, I've always found it a bit strange, it's a grey area as far as I'm concerned and it depends on when the service was done, if a seller sends a watch for service gets it back from the watchsmith and instantly puts it for sale then I suppose it could be justified. But if the watch was serviced and then the seller puts the watch up for sale 6 months later then surely he has already had the benefit of the reliability/ piece of mind from having that service and shouldn't expect the next owner to pay for that.

like selling a car, if I have my car serviced and have all new brake pads fitted then drive the car for 6 months I can only expect the market value not the market value + £375 service + 350 brakes, yes the fairly recent service and brakes might be a useful selling point but that's all.

I have to disagree with that.
Sure a service is something that shouldn’t be factored in price when selling a watch. A gen watch.
But keep in mind these are movements that comes unserviced/poorly serviced from the factory, so having a solid, reliable, freshly serviced movement to start with is definitely a plus worth paying something for. Well for me, at least.

Cars are not exactly a correct comparison. If we had to translate that in automotive words, imagine you have to buy a car. But in this fictional world, cars come completely dry of any fluid from the maker. Would you pay a premium for having the car delivered with motor and brake oil or do you like to add it yourself?

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

I think you need to find another forum, RWI is not for you.
Not only that but you totally missed the entire fucking point! Not only are we still unsure of his exact identity (we will know it by the end of this tho, trust me) but he lied to staff about who his is and other matters! Seriously, if you can't see that if he be straight with us we don't want him selling to members you are a part of the problem. eBay knows who yo are, PP knows who yo are, we demand the same if you're going to be selling high value pieces here. Had he been honest and taken up the offer of a vendor's spot then he'd still be here but instead he lied to us and then made money by pooling on crazy charges like "alignment fees" to cover his profit margin. That is not in the spirit or intent of RWI and we can't keep our members safe from scammers (which is why this forum was foundered) if we someone doing 100k plus of trade a year when we have NFI who he is or where he can be found.

Don't like that? The doors over there ------>