• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hong Kong customs

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
So been told by a TD that Hong Kong customs will be checking packages for counterfeit good up until 1st April.

Anybody heard about this? I didnt think customs would check outbound mail but I may well be wrong.

First I have heard of them doing this, anyway it may give me time to add to my order and save on shipping.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Did he say what happens after April 1st ?

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Did he say what happens after April 1st ?
Just that he will ship it, basically he gave a tracking number 7 days ago but didn't actually drop the package off to be shipped. I emailed him 5 days after he sent tracking just to ask if it had been shipped as tracking had not moved, he replied and told me it had been shipped.

It had not been shipped but I guess he just couldn't be arsed speaking about it and just fobbed me off, anyway I'm cool with that, I'm in no rush for it and it didn't bother me. So I replied and just asked him to let me know when it gets sent, he replied with this whole customs check thing and said he would now delay it untill April 1st.

Still not that long to wait as its only 2 weeks from when he sent tracking, it's not the waiting that slightly concerned me it was the reason he gave had me a little sceptical.

I don't mind waiting as I want to order another watch soon anyway but was a little suspicious of the reason.

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
So seems it's not just me as another member just PM'd me, I guess we wait patiently until whatever issues the TD Is having are all ironed out.

Just to clarify I am in way trying to accuse this seller of wrongdoing, just found it a little strange that's all, I have no doubt I will get the item I paid for and I trust the seller after seeing thousands of watches sold over the years.

Just thought I post and see if anybody else was having the same issues.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
So been told by a TD that Hong Kong customs will be checking packages for counterfeit good up until 1st April.

Anybody heard about this? I didnt think customs would check outbound mail but I may well be wrong.

First I have heard of them doing this, anyway it may give me time to add to my order and save on shipping.

Just received a package from Hong Kong. J Time sent me a watch. However, PureTime who is also shipping out of Hong Kong has done the whole create a shipping label but won't drop the package off at the post office. I've bought two watches from J Time with no problem and Hong Kong shipping has been fine.

However, I have a package coming from Singapore and Taiwan and they have said dispatched to Los Angeles for a long time with no update.

Worst experience I ever had was shipping a bezel to Germany for a platinum mod.

But AFAIK, Hong Kong shipping to USA has been fine.

Last edited:

WildString46

Known Member
9/1/20
Weast!
However, I have a package coming from Singapore and Taiwan and they have said dispatched to Los Angeles for a long time with no update.

Anything sent from Singapore to the US via SingPost will not get tracked by USPS in the states. I have shipped several watches, and it has always been the case where after it arrives in the US, neither carrier will receive any further tracking information.

Last edited:

Lovegmt73

7/3/20
Hello I received a watch from HK, departed on 16 and delivered on 29 to Italy.
I think that customs are doing many controls to check trading of sanitary goods dued to Corona.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
So after all of that he shipped the watch anyway this morning.

Strange. Never mind at least it's on the way

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Same here, my tracking just kicked in. Will keep a close eye on it.

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States

Ryan at intime told me the same thing. Shipping info received March 24th then nothing. I'm not worried, he knows his business and will reship if customs takes it so how he does it is fine with me.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Lovegmt73

7/3/20
I have two that will be shipped soon

Lovegmt73

7/3/20
Received DHL tracking on 9 April, received package yesterday!