• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question for the group - is this a mark or a crack

Best Replica In USA

18/1/12
Photos didn’t show on tapatalk but was sent to me via PM and definitely didn’t show as a crack or described as one.

Here’s a few more pictures

f4ab77c1eda003f52c3bb3853df2e6ea.png
ffbab6530638f2aadda6517d857103c7.png
48680053980e04dcc9260e8940e4b2c6.png
83aa42e6ed7513f93b9a1f0f9ecfa33e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Maybe asking for a close up in better lighting would have helped you get an idea of what he claims is a mark? Tuff break.

Best Replica In USA

18/1/12
Maybe asking for a close up in better lighting would have helped you get an idea of what he claims is a mark? Tuff break.

Yeah, not sure.

His pictures were broken and the ones he did send me didn’t show the mark in great detail that would show it as a crack.

I sent him a PM. Forgot how much fun reps can be.

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Maaaaan tough break (no pun intended...). Some things are hard to unsee.... I had the same thing happen with a Carbotech 616 I bought, then dropped in the same week. An epoxy/sandpaper/patience combo yielded great results... In your case, is it something that pops out at certain light angles?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Best Replica In USA

18/1/12
Maaaaan tough break (no pun intended...). Some things are hard to unsee, but maybe a bit of DIY with a bit of black epoxy, 2500 grit sandpaper and patience.... I had the same thing happen with a Carbotech 616 I bought, then dropped in the same week. The epoxy/sandpaper/patience combo yielded great results...

Yeah, if I want to buy a watch to work on I wouldn’t have paid top dollar.

It seems there’s a different in what a “mark” means and a crack in the ceramic.

Oh there’s a mark on it not a big deal...

There’s a crack in the ceramic, yeah you’re kinda screwed. I’d pass in that case.

Best Replica In USA

18/1/12
Maaaaan tough break (no pun intended...). Some things are hard to unsee.... I had the same thing happen with a Carbotech 616 I bought, then dropped in the same week. An epoxy/sandpaper/patience combo yielded great results... In your case, is it something that pops out at certain light angles?

If I wanted a fixer upper I wouldn’t have paid top secondary dollar for it.

It had a mark on it. The pictures he sent via PM did not highlight the mark other than maybe a slight piece of white in the area. The pictures never went out of the way for highlighting the “mark.”

What has taken place is the disclosure of the mark. Of the mark was highlighted as a crack in the ceramic that would have been different but it’s not.

If the rep world has truly come down to, oh well I said a mark and you get Y, and it’s a well not my problem, what the hell have we come to?

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country

It had a mark on it. The pictures he sent via PM did not highlight the mark other than maybe a slight piece of white in the area. The pictures never went out of the way for highlighting the “mark.”

What has taken place is the disclosure of the mark. Of the mark was highlighted as a crack in the ceramic that would have been different but it’s not.

If the rep world has truly come down to, oh well I said a mark and you get Y, and it’s a well not my problem, what the hell have we come to?

I agree with you, characterizing a poorly repaired break in the case as a “mark” is dishonest. IMO You were clearly misled, the seller failed to fully disclose damage and should buy this back - but my opinion doesn’t mean sh!t around here.

Best Replica In USA

18/1/12
I agree with you, characterizing a poorly repaired break in the case as a “mark” is dishonest. IMO You were clearly misled, the seller failed to fully disclose damage and should buy this back - but my opinion doesn’t mean sh!t around here.

LOL

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19

Yeah gotcha. I have to say though, I've bought and sold a few in recent times, and haven't personally been bamboozled yet. So, I'd like to think you just came across 1 dishonest seller. If you bought M2M off RWI, I'd reach to the mods and ask them to lay down the law: Off to the brig, ye scurvy pirate, don't be swindling around here!

Last edited:

3035Dream

Known Member
4/9/09
Looks like it was broke off and glued back on. To me not acceptable. Definitely noteworthy.