• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Back In The Day" Thread

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
Share something funny (preferably related to horology) in the past. I shall go first.

Back in the day, I thought RWI stood for Rolex Watches Inc.

Last edited:

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
In the 80's when I first started hearing about quartz watches, I thought for a few years that they were powered by the crystal and not by a battery. Yes, I was pretty dumb as a kid.

Doc_Savage

Amor Fati
Supporter
Certified
18/3/19
Michigan
Back in the day, I used to think you couldn't lose money on Rolexes. Then, when I was forced to sell during the financial crisis, I lost my @ss selling my SS Sub.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Back in the day I was younger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tommy Wiseau

Renowned Member
13/3/11
The Room
I’m ashamed to admit that I’m my younger days, I thought open heart dials were cool. I atone daily for this sin.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
You just reminded me of my dark past aswell... I too am guilty of that. Alongside with that, I used to believe the overlly inflated MSRPs of Invicta. Thinking that I got a high value timepiece for such a deal. I fear that I might wet my bed tonight...

Sent from my Xiaomi MI MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Hoosier Watch Guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
You just reminded me of my dark past aswell... I too am guilty of that. Alongside with that, I used to believe the overlly inflated MSRPs of Invicta. Thinking that I got a high value timepiece for such a deal. I fear that I might wet my bed tonight...

Sent from my Xiaomi MI MIX 3 using Tapatalk

:rollingonthefloor:
My dad was the same way.

Hoosier Watch Guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
When Swatches were popular the first time around in the L80s-E'90s?, I wore one on each wrist.