• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first full box

valueprop

17/12/19
Wanted to share my growing collection with you folks as I've reached my milestone of 'first full box' (until my PPF 5711 V3 white dial comes tomorrow!!)

Really grateful to the community for the support and opening my eyes to this super fun and sometimes stressful hobby!

Starting with the box:
VHXAqo.jpg

And some up-close and personal shots with stories, starting with my gens:

I'm a big fan of thin watches. This Bulova was a gift but I don't wear it much. It's thin, it's dressy, it's quartz.
VHtZT2.jpg

This Skagen I've beaten up a number of times, replaced the finicky crystal, scratched it again, etc. It's got a lovely composition of colors and is an easy wear.
VHtECd.jpg

VHtuBK.jpg

My final thin watch is the Rado Ultra Thinline, a sublime ceramic beauty that I can wear anywhere (except the shower)
VHtDEb.jpg

VHX593.jpg

One of my favorite things about this watch is the bracelet and clasp. They feel and operate wonderfully.
VHtVML.jpg

Then come the Stuhrlings. The watch community has a strange relationship to these watches, but I'm a huge fan, particularly of these two.
What also helps is that their headquarters are very close to me in Brooklyn and I've gotten both watches serviced there for very reasonable prices.

This first one is one of my all time favorite watches ever, period. It has such an astounding combination of traits and so many layers that I can stare at it endlessly.
VHtvqA.jpg

From the blue seconds hand, to the other lovely fat hands, the skeleton dial that leads to engraved plates that lead to a visible flywheel at 10 and spring at 1, surrounded by a gentle RG case and domed crystal. Beauty comes in $150 portions! I hope you enjoy the mass of photos I took of it ;)
Sadly I keep losing the little rubber band that's supposed to sit on the crown, but I don't really care for it either way.

VHtIeQ.jpg

VHtQBf.jpg

VHtc8X.jpg

VHtR4G.jpg

The other Stuhrling I have is a Tourbillon, also a very special watch to me as it was a family gift.
VHtK8e.jpg

The blue case and dial work great against the gold contrasts of the exposed tourby
VHtW4Z.jpg

Manual wind because...do you really want to take it for granted?
VHtzvT.jpg

VHtbGR.jpg

At this point my rep lovers make an entrance. First was my Noob Fiddy! Sweat and tears went into this watch,
as I suffered with a bad crystal and then replacing it like an incompetent. But all ended well and the result is a beauty
VHtMGq.jpg

The strap Trusty gave me is definitely different from one side to the other, so I need to get a new one.
VHteHs.jpg

My search for the perfect day date watch was what got me into reps in the first place. While I'm pretty happy with the Ice Blue 40mm I got,
the misaligned date wheel does irk me. Hopefully someone can help with that.

VHt0yp.jpg

Then there's the Seamaster, which except for the loud rotor is absolutely perfect.
I don't feel like I need too many pictures of this one, given its popularity recently ;)
VHtsK6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Reactions: rj999 and sgt.njoy

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Nice collection! I’m generally not a fan of thin watches but that Rado is slick!

Reactions: rj999