• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub V10 not winding.

SwissPlz

Horology Curious
3/11/19
I bought a Sub V10 from a private seller from this forum, watch looks great, but right when I take it off my wrist the time stops. I tried winding 40 times, and still nothing. Is this standard for reps? How do I fix...I believe the seller stated that it was purchased from a TD. Thanks in advance!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This one ? :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-ln-submariner-noob-a2836-v10-brand-new/page2

It's not ticking in the pics, which is a mistake on the part of the seller.

Go over the basics first before - you wind it at the crown and it ticks all day as long as you're wearing it - correct ?

But once you take it off your wrist it will stop ticking ?

Have you tried putting it down on it's side crown up, crown down, or face down to see if this makes a difference ?

If you shake/rotate the watch in your hand, holding it next to your ear can you hear the rotor moving?

SwissPlz

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Correct, that is the watch I purchased.

1. Yes, it ticks while wearing it.
2. Yes, once I take it off my wrist it stops ticking
3. No matter what the position it will not continue to tick.
4. If I shake. I can hear the rotor move for a moment then it stops.

Do you think I'm doomed?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
how is it running on your wrist and not once you take it off ?

if you hold it up next to your wrist , does it run ?

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I have a similar problem with my Johnson! Works in my pants, take it out and it’s dead!
Bummer you’re experiencing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwissPlz

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Watch only runs on my wrist, took it to a watch repair at my local mall, he took off the back and told me the problem is deeper in the watch and that since they couldn't get parts for it anyway, that it's pretty much not worth doing anything about. I guess I would need to set the time each time I wear or get an auto winder which I'm told are not ideal. Sucks man....seller not responding either.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Watch only runs on my wrist, took it to a watch repair at my local mall, he took off the back and told me the problem is deeper in the watch and that since they couldn't get parts for it anyway, that it's pretty much not worth doing anything about. I guess I would need to set the time each time I wear or get an auto winder which I'm told are not ideal. Sucks man....seller not responding either.

They don't know what they are talking about at the local mall, it's a clone of a 2836 so parts are easy to get - replacement movements are easy to get. So movement can be repaired/replaced easily.

There are a few reasons why a watch would tick on your wrist but stop when you take it off - loose screws on a bridge would be one.

The seller hasn't been online since december 28, you PMd him on the 28th so it looks like he's read your PM, have you contacted him by email, or just PM?

Reactions: SwissPlz

SwissPlz

Horology Curious
3/11/19
I was told from several different watch repair shops who wouldn't even look at it that the one I went to was my best bet. I spent all day calling around and no one wants to even look at it. I just PM'd him I don't even know how to email, I guess I'll try and figure that out next. Any pointers of who to go to to have it looked at? Do I need to mail it in to someone on here to fix?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I was told from several different watch repair shops who wouldn't even look at it that the one I went to was my best bet. I spent all day calling around and no one wants to even look at it. I just PM'd him I don't even know how to email, I guess I'll try and figure that out next. Any pointers of who to go to to have it looked at? Do I need to mail it in to someone on here to fix?

where are you located ?