• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Parcel Missing in Transit... Where do I stand??

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Hi gents, just wanted to ask a question in the hope that I may get some good advice??

I recently sold a gen watch on ebay Australia, not real expensive but enough at around $600. The buyer was from Taiwan and paid me via normal PayPal. I sent the watch on Nov 7 and he still has not received it and has opened up an ebay dispute to recover his money (fair enough!) PayPal has put his payment to me on hold (well actually my PayPal balance is zero so it's now in the red by $600 or so) which I'm assuming will be deducted from my credit card when his dispute is settled in his favour?? I sent the parcel by Auspost tracked, (but not insured), the tracking shows it as left Australia and still in transit, but it appears as if is lost as there has been no update on the tracking for weeks. I've lodged an online missing parcel form with Aus Post, but I'm assuming they will not compensate me as it was not insured.

Do I have any seller protection via PP or ebay? Or have I lost a watch and going to lose my payment from the seller? Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.