• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most Recognizable “Luxury Brand” today?

Arlowf

Horology Curious
10/6/18
So my first rep is going to be an Omega, Tag Hauer, or Rolex.

I’m purely buying this as a status symbol around other execs, and to catch the eye of chicks at the airport. Flame all you want.

In your opinion, which of these three brands is going to achieve that? These aren’t watch officianados like we have on here; they aren’t going to know it’s a rep.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Edit: an hour later I’m down to omega or Rolex.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabl253

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
I like your style kid. None of those brands will get the job done in my humble opinion. If I was you I'd get an Aquanaut 5168G or a Nautilus 5726/1A or, why not, maybe even a Richard Mille or two. Execs heads WILL turn and the chicks will dig it. I think you'd be surprised how many of those "non aficionados" Execs know exactly what a watch is worth. Report back and give us an update please!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
gonbgudc47397beb6fbe05e.gif

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
So my first rep is going to be an Omega, Tag Hauer, or Rolex.

I’m purely buying this as a status symbol around other execs, and to catch the eye of chicks at the airport. Flame all you want.

In your opinion, which of these three brands is going to achieve that? These aren’t watch officianados like we have on here; they aren’t going to know it’s a rep.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Edit: an hour later I’m down to omega or Rolex.

A Tag won’t even get you a bathroom handie from the neighborhood crack whore. Go with the Rolex but we need to see a picture of you to ensure we are giving sound advice.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Just go Rolex, way more obvious and recognizable. Make sure you don't go for a cheapie though (or an expensive but under the radar 'platinum') - just go full gold. Now go get that punani!!!!!

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
If that's all you want I would give a look in APs or a summer sausage can't go wrong

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Rolex is the most recognized brand in the world. Execs might know patek and ap, chicks most likely won’t. If you just want attention get a Rolex. Preferably a daytona imo. Long ass waiting lists and high grey market prices for a gen.

Reactions: Arlowf

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Lol, I kind like your plan but tbh it has short legs.
Sadly, chicks do not care about the wristwatches. for sure you may find such who care, but you won't want to marry them nor spend anything longer than 24 hours. Sure they are good for One Night Stands, but if you ONS too often, soon or later you will use google for "herpes - what are signs?"
If she recognises you as rolex wearer, and she has a brain, she will expect a nice car, apartment and ain't gonna eat with you in Mcdonalds.
This is where the plan fails as you can not rep those.

That said, if you still fancy the idea - go for Rolex Hulk or Orange Planet ocean, those are not entry level models and are colourfull enought to be noticed.
GL:D

Reactions: rabl253 and Arlowf

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Definitely an AP Lebron. It shouts money in your face... and it allowas you to go around shirtless and with a gold chain. No need of the expensive italian wool two pieces.

Genera74

29/12/14
Love your style. Vote goes to Rolex. Any sport model will do. I personally like sub or GMT. Daytona will do it as well.

Omega is not the one if ur looking to flaunt wealth.

Reactions: Arlowf

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
For status symbol, I’d go with rolex.
But why would you impress exec by showing off what you can buy or dressing flashy?
Can you not show off your talent performance or skills or knowledge on things related to your work?
I think top leaderships anywhere are more interested in what you can bring to the table for the company than what you can buy for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Arlowf

Horology Curious
10/6/18
For status symbol, I’d go with rolex.
But why would you impress exec by showing off what you can buy or dressing flashy?
Can you not show off your talent performance or skills or knowledge on things related to your work?
I think top leaderships anywhere are more interested in what you can bring to the table for the company than what you can buy for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I love these responses.

I’m not trying to get laid, I’m 35 with kids and a wife. I like the attention and how women treat you when they are attracted to you; being good looking and rich gets you better treatment. Facts.

The execs I’m talking about are ceos and sales vp’s, and the sales VPs will care about an expensive watch.

I’m buying this or this, as soon as I find them from a TD other than puretime (bad recent reviews):

eceeb2800cb2ba8e11f9c03caef59e22.png
3ce25c9309fa7f9eb8299cc8a6cb033d.jpg

Reactions: r0b9502

Arlowf

Horology Curious
10/6/18
To add to the hilarity, this is actually my style and what I wear daily right now:

dade9b0d5c82daa4868098d8f7b3e101.jpg
cbca5f2cd38e05fc9f5fd086bd0b5eb7.jpg

Reactions: rabl253