• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying Watchmakers Magnifying Glasses. Where? Reviews?

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Hi. Can anyone recommend a decent pair of those magnifying glasses with the LED lights on?

My eye sight is struggling with these little screws nowadays.

Iv seen some on eBay in China for £4 but want to get a fairly decent pair that will last me. Happy to spend about £10-£20.

Help appreciated. Many Thanks. Cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Many thanks. Just asked for a pair for Xmas. They look good and have good reviews. Found them for £33 in the uk on Amazon.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I have one of those visor thingies (identical to the one in that link), and find it really uncomfortable and not very effective (I can’t get the lens unit close enough to my eyes).

I use traditional style loupes (various magnifications) with a clip that clips onto my glasses frame. The loupe has been around a long time for a reason - it works!

Looking at Raddave’s link, I’m going to try those too.

I also use a magnifying glass/ring lamp thing which is good - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M8HWLJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
I have one of those visor thingies (identical to the one in that link), and find it really uncomfortable and not very effective (I can’t get the lens unit close enough to my eyes).

I use traditional style loupes (various magnifications) with a clip that clips onto my glasses frame. The loupe has been around a long time for a reason - it works!

Looking at Raddave’s link, I’m going to try those too.

I also use a magnifying glass/ring lamp thing which is good - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M8HWLJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Neil. If it’s good enough for n0bby then it’s good enough for me! I’m getting it on the Xmas list!! Is that amazon one the one you have? £24? Cheers. Joe.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Hey Joe! Yeah, that’s the exact one I ordered - if you look around on Amazon you can find the same one being sold for £80 or more. The lens is plastic, so there’s a bit of distortion/fringing to the view through it - but it’s still very useful. I find I tend to use it more as an good versatile light source, now I’m getting used to the loupe.

Reactions: balance27