• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some questions about ARF Yacht master 37

conti02

Looking Around
2/10/19
Hey all. I’m totally a newbie to reps. Never bought one before. Have always been a gen collector. Kind of curious about another field lately.

I’ve read that ARF made some real nice Yacht masters. And have interest in buying one.
But the question is how good is the date font? Just search the forum but there’s nearly no one discussing about that.
According to threads I’ve read. The watch is almost reach the perfection in case,dial and bracelet. But there’s some voice said that the bezel action is horrible. (Those comments are mostly written in 2018)
Don’t know if ARF fixed the problem in this whole year.
And I have no knowledge about movements. According to the web. It has 2836 movement. Don’t know if it’s good or not.

Main question:
1. Is the date font considered as a well made part?
2. Did ARF fix the problem of poor actions of bezel?
3. How good is a 2836 movement. Is it stable?
4. Can I mod the watch with a gen DW to that movement if the DW comes with the watch is not that good?

Thanks for your comment and share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
1. As good as it can be, given that it is not a 313X clone movement, and considering that it is a rep after all.
2. If you message one of the TDs, they would be a much better source of info on minute details such as this one since the 37 is not as popular as the 40 in the forums.
3. One of the workhorses of this hobby. If an 28XX is not good, then none are.
4. If you have the knowledge you sure can, otherwise look for members who've done it before, and they are plenty.

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
my girlfriend has the 37 mm version from arf. the bezel is horrible and we have no solution to fix it. the rest of the rep is good in my opinion. If we had known this before with the bezel, we would never have bought it, seriously...

stick to the 40mm noob or arf

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
I havent read much about the ARF yachtmaster 37 but I've had both the ARF and NOOB yachtmaster 40mm and I can say that the NOOB is better then the ARF IMO . I've sold the ARF and kept the NOOB . Heres a pic of my Noob Yachtmaster 40mm with a GEN crystal and 904l with the new A3135 movement which is the same movement as the VR3135 so its stable and can accept the Gen datewheel as a direct swap..

20191003_1746281cb49d577d26dbcb.jpg

Last edited: