• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Watch - Shatter Crystal within 2 hours! Ugh!!

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
This is completely MY fault, however I felt the need to share this somewhere, as wife does not even know about this watch. ;)
(Thought there may be some sympathy here from fellow watch "enthusiasts".)

This is not the end of the world, but it does suck. I was 'gifted' 4 reps in a bag, and told "I'll see you when I get back home from Mexico."
I was thinking, OK, I was wanting a Pepsi GMT. This one is decent. (Probably just DG2813 21,600, noisy rotor) But, was OK for the price of '$0', for now. (No Noob, BP or ARF...) I see the wide gaps on end links too.

crack5a.jpg

Fast forward 2 hours, and as I'm walking upstairs on lunch with hands full.
crack1a.jpg

YEP! Bag with GMT slipped with solid, unmistakable SMACK right on cement. The pictures are the result.
Wanted general consensus:
crack2a.jpg

New dome.
Leave 'as is/weathered'
Or new acrylic crystal with Cyclops?

Last edited:

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Might as well tell everyone I see the gigantic gaps on end links too... Jubilee?

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Oh God... you guys are killing me Lol. I almost posted this in Flame Free Zone, cause I know this is maybe one level above shit tier. .... Maybe?

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
This is gonna be bad... :rolleyes: Lol....
I knew I should have thought more about posting this watch. (It was a just given to me in a bag with a huge Jacques Piccard and 2 Daytonas.)
Had never even heard of Jacques Piccard, but luckily able to flip locally and will buy the other 3 for me. (Including Pepsi, that will now be relegated to 2nd drawer...)

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
It really does kinda suck... It was just the rush of an instant and local, large bag of 4 individual watches...This was the one that I was gonna keep and just get read of the the other 3. (Low beat...etc.)
I wish I would have weighed the Piccard. HEAVY....(Sold to a kid locally)

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Seems the horological Gods were looking out for you. You did yourself a favor and you didn't even know it!