• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New York ISC - Lawless Black Hole for Packages? Advice Needed

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Ah yes, as soon as I saw my franken from Germany had reached ISC I figured it was doomed...

=====================================

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 9:52 pm on September 16, 2019.

=====================================

It even had a watch repair note on it, which was deemed the safest and most effective. After reading further I understood calling USPS or CBP was as effective as banging your head on a wall of nails. I'm surprised CBP officers don't just take whatever they want because "security"; seems like there's no protocol for finding or recovering "lost" items. Hence, the infamous lawless black hole/purgatory/limbo.

It's been a week since the expected delivery day and I've read others had gotten their packages between 1 day and never.

I'd love to hear your experiences, so I can come to terms with losing over $1200...

By the way shipping was from Germany to CONUS. DHL.

Thanks
(Sips cheap scotch)

Sent from my DHGate Shitter V3.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
I’ve heard stories of it sitting in there for weeks and then proceeding on its way for absolutely no logical reason. Stay optimistic mate, it’ll get to you soon.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I'll wait it out then, thanks for the brotherly support

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
DHL packages still go through NY ISC? Are you sure it was DHL express?

All the DHL I get from Asia doesn't even hit the USPS locations.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
DHL packages still go through NY ISC? Are you sure it was DHL express?

All the DHL I get from Asia doesn't even hit the USPS locations.
Aye, DHL indeed. It was definitely a shocker. Maybe I'll randomly get it on Christmas

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
'Watch repair' notes always work - every time.

So does the word 'Gift' - but only if you include a birthday card inside the parcel.

DHL in Germany is part of the German Post Office group, if it went through a USPS facility I don't really see how DHL could be delivering you the parcel.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Yeah OP I think it was just registered international mail - not DHL express. For something like that going forward you should ask for true express shipment.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
'Watch repair' notes always work - every time.

So does the word 'Gift' - but only if you include a birthday card inside the parcel.

DHL in Germany is part of the German Post Office group, if it went through a USPS facility I don't really see how DHL could be delivering you the parcel.
Thanks for the elucidation tripdog, I definitely learned more from that. Very true, it had a letter inside with notes on the watch repair. So I guess I'm confident now that it will show up soon! You gave me hope!