• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TrustyTime issues PAM127 NOOB...and a great repair experience

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Wanted to inform the forum - recently made a purchase of a Noob PAM127 from TrustyTime - initially the whole experience went quite well - QC pics withing 4 days and had the watch in hand in CONUS within 10 days. Only issue was the watch stopped working about a day after I received it - I was unable to wind it and couldnt get it to run, When i contacted Trusty I was told to "bang the watch on my palm" to get it running. I went looking for a rep repair man in my area and came across oascom - who I cannot speak highly enough about. He repaired the watch within a day, was very good with communication and very fair with pricing. Watch was back to me within a week. Turns out there was a small part stuck within the balance wheel.

Been trying to get Trusty to refund me the cost of the repair without much luck. Wondering if anyone else has had any issues with new PAM127 from this TD?

Reactions: Hazing

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
The noob 127? Yes. Oascom started a thread about what he found too and his service process and I posted in that thread as well. Even advised he let you know it's been an issue. I'm was thinking about sending him my 127 to fix the same thing but I managed to get the cash back opened this morning.

There is a common issue with the micrometer screw inching out and if you're not careful, it can cause problems. As you now know.

I started a thread on this issue (noob not Trusty Time) in the Panerai section and in addition to the 127, it seems to ne a relatively necessary step in any Panerai with the y incabloc plate. And many people advised me that when ever I get a model decorated like this, to proactively deal with this first.

I am lucky as I caught it before there were issues but after the screw came out. But Many of us had this issue with the 127 and I guess a people also had it with the 111 too.

Not a reason to not get the watch or not deal with trusty time. It would have happened wherever you got the watch. However you just would have spent more money on the case price had you bought it somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
What did the service cost you? If you dont mind me asking. And where the micrometer screw is only decorative it isnt necessary for the operation of the watch. Did he reinstall it?

Can you post a clear pic of the back?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

VitZan

Known Member
23/4/19
Italy
I had the same problem with a 127 Noob. € 60 repair by my watchmaker. A rather simple job although boring for a brand new watch.