• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pulled this from under my bezel

OJAIII

Known Member
18/12/16
I just bought this ARF V2 126600 for another member. The watch was brand new! I peeled all the stickers off myself.today, I was sitting at my desk just now and saw what looked like some fuzz under the bezel. So I started to try and pull it out. I finally got a good grip with my finger tips and started to pull. This string(what looks like floss and kinda smells minty) starts comming from underneath the bezel like its wrapped around underneath. Does anybody know what this is? Did I mess something up by pulling it out?
d379d2f733f7a075fa6b8237ab664e7f.jpg
43ceee64593e0e509f6b8423096ee1a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Dental floss used to tighten up the loose bezel syndrome

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Reactions: elconquistador

OJAIII

Known Member
18/12/16
So should I try to put it back? Loose bezel is common with this model? I dont notice anything different. It was kinda loose before I pulled it out

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Don't put it back under the bezel. All it does is jam up the bezel. Its almost as worthless as the "Sharpie Mod." If your bezel is loose have a watch mod fix it the correct way.

OJAIII

Known Member
18/12/16
Thanks! Its not bad. It doesnt bother me at all actually. However, I do have 1 dust particle stuck on the inside of the crystal. Annoys the hell out of me.
9ffee2ef07d1b7122011fab58d3b250d.jpg

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Thanks! Its not bad. It doesnt bother me at all actually. However, I do have 1 dust particle stuck on the inside of the crystal. Annoys the hell out of me.

ahh that would annoy me too, if you could find a watch smith/ modder on this forum they'd be able to fully service your movement and ultrasonic clean the the x tal. You'd also be able to get it waterproofed as a bonus, highly recommend as I have the same watch.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
ahh that would annoy me too, if you could find a watch smith/ modder on this forum they'd be able to fully service your movement and ultrasonic clean the the x tal. You'd also be able to get it waterproofed as a bonus, highly recommend as I have the same watch.

As I’m learning watch servicing I bought myself a half decent ultrasonic machine. Dropped my glasses in it and gave it a test. It took parts of the AR coating off my lenses. So I’m not keen to drop crystals with AR in there.

Reactions: rj999

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
As I’m learning watch servicing I bought myself a half decent ultrasonic machine. Dropped my glasses in it and gave it a test. It took parts of the AR coating off my lenses. So I’m not keen to drop crystals with AR in there.

What liquid did you have in there? Usually distilled water is the way to go

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18

Also depends on the brand of coating too, I haven't experienced AR coating peeling yet as I have stopped wearing coated glasses. I think the last coated pair I had peeled off within a year with basic cleaning practices, no ultra sonic. It was the expensive brand name Crizal coating too.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Also depends on the brand of coating too, I haven't experienced AR coating peeling yet as I have stopped wearing coated glasses. I think the last coated pair I had peeled off within a year with basic cleaning practices, no ultra sonic. It was the expensive brand name Crizal coating too.

I’ve never had the coating peel before and one pair I wore daily for over 5 years. This pair is 3 years old and never had any wearing or peeling of the coating. I did just use tap water though. Was too keen to try it out.
I have proper L&R watch cleaning and rinsing fluids for movement parts.

RepC

6/9/19
That’s annoying AF. Would be great to have it serviced and sort it al out in one time. I would not wear it if there was dust behind my crystal. All the beauty is gone instantly

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

OJAIII

Known Member
18/12/16
Who did you use for water proofing and service?

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14

Trust me, no matter how many times you de-case it and puff the dust out, more will show up. It’s not dirt. It’s lume flaking off of the markers and hands. Seamasters seem to be worst at this bc of the skeleton hands.

I’ve de-cases that watch about 5 times to puff out the dust/lume and about a month later, I find more. It sucks Bc I’m VERY OCD.

I was thinking of buying this stuff to at least get it to stop sticking to the crystal.

https://www.nanotol.com/liquid-screen-protection

May give that a try soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk