• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a Noob V5 or V7

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Need some help here, all these years I've been wearing and looking at reps I still don't have the eye for the detail that most of our members have. Unless it is real obvious I can't tell one version from the next on a quality rep. So here is what happened, I ran across the thread that gives the Rolex codes for clasp and SEL I found my bracelet on what is supposed to be a Noob 116610LN V7, clasp code is 2VU and SEL code is RS 97200 according to thread and smoke these are codes for Noob V2 - V5. Now I did have a V5 at one point but I sold it, I think before I got the V7 but can't be sure. Now here is the quandry, when I sold the V5 did I really sale the V7 or did I get a V7 with a V5 bracelet. I need the experts to give me some peace of mind and tell this is a V7.lol

Thanks guys appreciate your input.

V7-13.jpg

V7-10.jpg

V7-2.jpg

V7-3.jpg

V7-4.jpg

V7-14.jpg

V7-6.jpg

V7-2.jpg

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
This reminds me of down_under just recently saying he should make a fake post about mixing up a rep with a gen in the same watch box and not being able to figure out which is which. Pretty funny. I could see myself doing this.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Damn I was hoping that was not the answer, so somebody got a hecka of a deal on a V7. lol

That sucks. I'm sorry. Who is the lucky guy who got the great deal?

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
That sucks. I'm sorry. Who is the lucky guy who got the great deal?
I don't even remember who I sold it to. It's was about 2-3 years ago. Hey the rep game ain't for the faint of heart it's always a losing proposition when you sale them. But the V7 couldn't have been more then 6 months out when I sold it for about $200.

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

SSGardner

Horology Curious
26/10/18
East London, United Kingdom
I don't even remember who I sold it to. It's was about 2-3 years ago. Hey the rep game ain't for the faint of heart it's always a losing proposition when you sale them. But the V7 couldn't have been more then 6 months out when I sold it for about $200.

I understand the remorse mate, I sold a V5 Hulk and “upgraded” to a V7 Hulk.
Because newer is always better! Right?
Worst mistake I made bezel colour was horrible by comparison , dial colour was miles out. Loads of things that just bugged me, recently went for a v9 as I was offered an insanely cheap price, the colour of dial and bezel is miles better but I’ve still had to mod it as datewheel was skinny as hell and glass didn’t look good!
I think they take one step forward and two steps back sometimes ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: xartan

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Worst mistake I made bezel colour was horrible by comparison , dial colour was miles out. Loads of things that just bugged me, recently went for a v9 as I was offered an insanely cheap price, the colour of dial and bezel is miles better but I’ve still had to mod it as datewheel was skinny as hell and glass didn’t look good!

So you’re saying the v5 is actually pretty solid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16

Looking at your statement it’s understandable why they would have no intention of fixing more flaws than they introduce from a business perspecrive :). Lot’s of guys buy new versions all the time hoping newer is better. That’s a working business model from Noob’s point of view.

Reactions: SSGardner

SSGardner

Horology Curious
26/10/18
East London, United Kingdom
Looking at your statement it’s understandable why they would have no intention of fixing more flaws than they introduce from a business perspecrive :). Lot’s of guys buy new versions all the time hoping newer is better. That’s a working business model from Noob’s point of view.

Good evening Xartan,

It’s an odd one really as obviously progression forward to make the ultimate rep would be awesome.
Although from a business perspective noob etc need to make small flaws so you’ll always want the next and greatest model, like I said the magnification and date wheel on mine was awful which was the reason I did glass and overlay first, but the green colour on bezel is amazing and the dial has a closer black/green fade effect in the light.

Think this will be an ever going battle unless I just buy gen but now they’re at silly money I can’t justify it lol.

Last edited:

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
The guru has spoken! smoke. Thanks for confirming V5 ????????

Found my V7 Noob sub. It was hiding with some other watches. That's what happens when you have too many to keep up with. hahaha. I feel good! I thought I had sold it as a v5, now I can sale the v5.

b4ea5cd0572a6e0be482a98be834ee14.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk