• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dhgate - show us your best finds...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Ahead of the inevitable flood of people saying that this is why you can only buy from TDS - I think it’s fair to say that there is a difference in quality between the DHgate average product and those of the TDs.
However there is also a significant price difference.

That said some of the items you can get from DHgate are acceptable enough for a few quid.
And that’s the question behind this thread.
What acceptable watches, or other items, have you found on there?

Yours is a salutary tale of the inverse.

Incidentally; did the seller do anything when you raised the quality issues?

I find a common response is “I make it up to you on next sale” so they hook you in for one more sale. I’ve confirmed 12 times that they’re going to “make it right” before shipping g (whatever that might be) and they never did.

And hen I ask “I thought you were going to make it right?” To which they said “I’ll make it up to you next sale.” It’s a sunk cost. Time to just walk away.

Reactions: SuperLory

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
Untitled
Although I got this M2M, it is from the 'Gate!
Nice way to test if I want to go with a V$F version...

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Rather than to go with DHgate, I would go to BP watches with wholesale price.
Much better.

Waldos

Horology Curious
5/8/16
.. there is a seller on DHGATE called good-roiexx and he gets GMF, ARF , noob , VR factory reps and pretty much anything you want ..
:drinks_cheers:

$187 with delivery. There are certainly flaws, which are visible with careful study.. However, for a fleeting impression, a very worthy watch. However, you need to keep in mind that the strap is only suitable for small and medium wrists. I removed only one of the bracelet link.

4e8c0dff2364.jpg

1639e3edd933.jpg

223bc5255841.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-t...438644001.html

Last edited:

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
3EQts.jpg

Bought this from a seller called OK_watch because I couldn't find it on my usual TD sites. Very nice, hi beat and seems to be real titanium: if it's PVD, it's very hard and thick. Let down only by the bracelet being a bit wrong and using pins instead of screws.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabl253 and TimosL

MrX

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/10/19
Just got this Skeleton royal oak that was really cheap. Got it for a birthday present which is why it's still in plastic but seems like really good quality for the money (£75). And the skeleton dial really is pretty.

Damn stunning skeleton, the ap skeleton slim is my grail! I keep getting tempted by a nice skelly or TB just worried about build quality and accuracy since.... you know... it's got its tackle on show...

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

cmaster

6/9/13
3EQts.jpg

Bought this from a seller called OK_watch because I couldn't find it on my usual TD sites. Very nice, hi beat and seems to be real titanium: if it's PVD, it's very hard and thick. Let down only by the bracelet being a bit wrong and using pins instead of screws.

The photo doesn’t seem to be working.
Be interested to see what it looks like

kutitta

Horology Curious
22/7/19
Ballon Bleu de Cartier

42mm, automatic sold by michaeltravis.

It looks pretty similar to gen without any obvious flaws at least to my untrained eyes.

The seller was running an app-only promo with 40% discount, so I paid less than $100 for this watch and I’m pretty happy about it.

Hope it lasts though!

ac34e59cbc596f9635cde10d670a1ea5.jpg

825a1e9fe7b40ceb08d908c0cdce4e4e.jpg

2fa4adfa8dfb4cc05ea913d928379149.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: glamOne

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Ballon Bleu de Cartier

42mm, automatic sold by michaeltravis.

It looks pretty similar to gen without any obvious flaws at least to my untrained eyes.

The seller was running an app-only promo with 40% discount, so I paid less than $100 for this watch and I’m pretty happy about it.

Hope it lasts though!

ac34e59cbc596f9635cde10d670a1ea5.jpg

825a1e9fe7b40ceb08d908c0cdce4e4e.jpg

2fa4adfa8dfb4cc05ea913d928379149.jpg

I tried one of those. That was in the last transaction I mentioned. Arrived dead. And it's so bad I can't even get the case back off. The screws holding in the case back are all stripped and can't come off.

I'm just trying to lace this "great stuff on dh gate" thread with a little actual reality. Lol

That being said, I never learn myself. I ordered a Bronzo just to check it out. I wonder what I'll get.
58e947e7a8147d77fced552959ac756a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
HEDx4.jpg

Very happy with that Bulgari I got, keeping good time and the rotor is pretty spectacular! There is an error in that the screws for the back are crossheads rather than the special socket heads of the gen, but that's an advantage since no special screwdriver is needed

Last edited:

cmaster

6/9/13
HEDx4.jpg

Very happy with that Bulgari I got, keeping good time and the rotor is pretty spectacular! There is an error in that the screws for the back are crossheads rather than the special socket heads of the gen, but that's an advantage since no special screwdriver is needed

That rotor does look great.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
HEDx4.jpg

Pic of the front please?

kutitta

Horology Curious
22/7/19
I tried one of those. That was in the last transaction I mentioned. Arrived dead. And it's so bad I can't even get the case back off. The screws holding in the case back are all stripped and can't come off.

I'm just trying to lace this "great stuff on dh gate" thread with a little actual reality. Lol

That being said, I never learn myself. I ordered a Bronzo just to check it out. I wonder what I'll get.
58e947e7a8147d77fced552959ac756a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My copy is still ticking and keeping time accurately. I must be one of those lucky buyers I reckon!

a84495c53094cdde5645bbb27d3de4ed.jpg

Reactions: glamOne

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Yes the problem with dhgate and similar are the total lack of reliability from the same source. Sometimes they send you a perfect beater next time it’s a lemon

in no specific order. It’s a jungle and you need to be ready to have negative ROI

Reactions: Swiss_goupil