• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Stench - straps for the sweatier gentleman

Quirrel

Horology Curious
28/12/12
Hello folks,

I have the pleasure of living in a hot and humid country, where I very much enjoy my morning walk to work and have to wander around the site regularly out of the A/C of my office. In addtion, I'm rather tight and only use A/C in the bedrooms so my living areas at home are often warm.

Any recommendations for aftermarket straps or am I going to forever have to wear bracelets and forgo my fascination with bronze watches.

Even if I forget to clean my current bracelet, it can get a bit pongy after a few days.

I keep seeing folk on here with lovely canvas and leather straps, but I know after a few days they will start to stink.

If you are living in a humid environment what do you use for your strap, is it metal only?

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Maybe not the best solutions, but I have two suggestions: I place cedar strips in my watch box to absorb moisture or buy more watches so you can have more time between pieces in the rotation. Neither saves you money or grief from the old lady haha, but they are proven solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Or like my middle school biology teacher said, “rubbers can save your life.” Go silicon or rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Quirrel

Horology Curious
28/12/12
Thanks, I've seen those Perlon ones mentioned before but never knew what they were.

I love the look of those ex-military canvas straps, but it would just be like wearing an industrial grade sweatband.

Quirrel

Horology Curious
28/12/12
These are super awesome: https://www.tropicstrap.com/
Nice vintage aesthetics, vulcanizes rubber, no stink, no lint, and soft.

Cheers will check then out as well.

I had one of those metal mesh watch straps for a while but it needed bleaching every other day or I would sit at my desk catching faint wiffs of it thinking others can smell it