• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Suspect rep 16610 LV on eBay

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
The only red flag I can see, is the rehaut crown which doesn't align with the 12 marker on the dial and the pearl. Did this ever occur to gens?
The datewheel and bezel insert seem to be right, but they could've also been swapped.

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
I'm also curious about what the experts think.

I compared it with some kermit images online and can't notice any major differences (which obviously doesn't mean anything since it could still be a great franken).

But why does it look like the SELs are longer than the lugs, at both the 6' and 12' oclock side? Is it just the angle in the photo?

Reactions: Hoosier

hokim

9/5/19
The only red flag I can see, is the rehaut crown which doesn't align with the 12 marker on the dial and the pearl. Did this ever occur to gens?
The datewheel and bezel insert seem to be right, but they could've also been swapped.

my friend owns a gen sub and is on TRF, and he said some gen owners have complained that their 12 oclock marker isn't aligned to the crown on the rehaut. Most likely due to the dial being shifted and getting misaligned (which could be fixed if you just rotate the entire movement + dial a little). I guess even genuine rolexes have some margin of error. However just because gens can have this flaw doesn't imply the ebay posting is truly a gen.

hokim

9/5/19
my friend owns a gen sub and is on TRF, and he said some gen owners have complained that their 12 oclock marker isn't aligned to the crown on the rehaut. Most likely due to the dial being shifted and getting misaligned (which could be fixed if you just rotate the entire movement + dial a little). I guess even genuine rolexes have some margin of error. However just because gens can have this flaw doesn't imply the ebay posting is truly a gen.

as for the pearl, it looks like the bezel is just turned one click to the left in the photo

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The dial print is not crisp and the lugs look a bit fatter. Sels look wrong on the back and the clasp looks roughly finished. I think the date is also a bit left justified regardless of photo angle. I’m asking these questions as it is very close to me and might take a punt but it just doesn’t seem right. Might have to view. The photos are selected as to not show too much close detail too.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Seller is a member since July 17, 2019 and has zero feedback. No box or papers. Date is very left justified. I'd want an AD to look at that watch carefully before I paid for it.

Reactions: CollectorAtHeart

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
When in doubt, better to go without

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Ive sent a request to view. I bet they say no! If they say yes I’ll appraise it. I’ve handled a lot of gen subs and will know immediately if it’s for real.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
That looks real. Or the dial and the bezel and the crystal look real. The datewheel looks good. I think it is just the angle that make it seem like it’s pushing to the left.

The SELs do seem to inch a little too low though. Other than that, I always say if there is only one pic of the dial, it’s usually a rep but that alone isn’t enough to judge this. There is enough to make me stay clear of it. Like a seller with no history and the SELs. But everything else looks good on the watch itself.

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
I agree it looks funny .. the date font and it also being badly left justified sends red flags .
and the zero seller sends another one and not to mention the SELS ..Ebay has many scam sellers on there I Auctally look on there some times and play spot the rep .. I found a sd43 on there the other day and saw one for $13000 us and up close the helium escape valve screamed noob v2.. and the sels looked ALOT like it had a AR FACTORY bracelet with a definite GEN dial Gen Crystal And GEN insert so I messaged the seller just to mess with him and asked him to send me the inner 3 digit clasp code and he gave me all sorts of reasons why the clasp code didnt matter to the value of the watch .. lmfao .. I could guarantee it would be 4RL

Last edited:

rlos1000

Horology Curious
2/1/15
Idk if I would trust eBay, iam looking at buying a schaffhausen watch and can’t feel it