• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this Tudor real or fake?

El Che

12/9/17
Hey guys I was looking thru offerup and found this nice vintage tudor and I love how it look! but I cant really confirm if its real or not I suppose it is since they also sell other expensive watches and they are located in downtown Miami near all the jewelry stuff but what do you think?

https://offerup.com/item/detail/709416322/

Pics if you cant open that link: https://imgur.com/a/rhy9pin

Thanks!

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
I don’t know a lot about this model of Tudor but the case back gives me pause. Zoom in and look at the two “I’s” in “ORIGINAL”. They look really straight on your link. The gen have a slightly jaunty curve to them. Some call it the 70’s vibe of the text.
It would also be good to see a picture of the movement and ref/serial. Are you able to request?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Gen, but the case and bracelet have a lot of wear.

El Che

12/9/17
I don’t know a lot about this model of Tudor but the case back gives me pause. Zoom in and look at the two “I’s” in “ORIGINAL”. They look really straight on your link. The gen have a slightly jaunty curve to them. Some call it the 70’s vibe of the text.
It would also be good to see a picture of the movement and ref/serial. Are you able to request?

Yeah I will go see it tomorrow in person what should I look for? and I can drop take some pics and I can see for myself the inside what should I see?

El Che

12/9/17
Gen, but the case and bracelet have a lot of wear.

Yeah thats what I was thinking the thing is I cant find another one on google images that looks like it... and what do you think of the price?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
On that one I see that the gold is slightly coming Off will that happen to the one I showed ? It looks like the links are similar to the old Rolex subs with hollow insides and just gold outside..

The one I linked is on a jubliee, the one you linked is a 7205 folded link. Different production periods, different quality of gold plating.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
I have a question : the movement was a standard ETA (2824?) with standard font for the date and the Tudor signed rotor?
Were there any custom modification from Tudor?
Thank you.
tripdog El Che

El Che

12/9/17
The one I linked is on a jubliee, the one you linked is a 7205 folded link. Different production periods, different quality of gold plating.

Oh I see now and would mine be gold plated or its a thin layer of gold?

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
I have a question : the movement was a standard ETA (2824?) with standard font for the date and the Tudor signed rotor?
Were there any custom modification from Tudor?
Thank you.
tripdog El Che

Tudor modified the movements. DW uses different fonts, balance is a glucydur, rotor is engraved, and one can only assume they are regulated to a higher degree. Did Tudor have their watchsmiths do it or did ETA? Makes sense that ETA would have done it.

baxi90

Looking Around
7/5/13

Hi buddy, sorry to contact you here, but i cant DM you, you do any modding by any chance? i have a rolex id like to mod ....contact me in DM if you can