• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help : Watch seized in customs ?

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Hello everyone,

I made my first rep purchase to Japan. It is a JF 16610 LN from Jtime.

Everything went well with Jtime & great service from him.

Confirmed with Li from Jtime that sending to Japan is no problem.

It is delivered last week via EMS and it has already reached the custom from 13th June.

Currently it is the 4th day and still 'in customs'.

I hope that I am not unlucky enough to get the watch seized. Any chance that the watch can be cleared from the customs?

Advice is appreciated!

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
a little patience is required here, i'm not familiar with customs in Japan but if its like everywhere else in the world, customs can be pretty slow at times.

Reactions: sergiofp94

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
a little patience is required here, i'm not familiar with customs in Japan but if its like everywhere else in the world, customs can be pretty slow at times.

Yea i really hope so too! i really wish that the customs is slow and have not processed the parcel.
However, Japan is always fast with clearing the shipments and they usually take less than a day to do it.
Let's keep finger crossed

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
Yea i really hope so too! i really wish that the customs is slow and have not processed the parcel.
However, Japan is always fast with clearing the shipments and they usually take less than a day to do it.
Let's keep finger crossed

good luck :)

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19

a little update on the tracking.
it is now passed down to the 'export custom' instead.
Any experienced person know why it is passed to export custom?
Are they trying to return the watch to the TD :wacko:

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18

a little update on the tracking.
it is now passed down to the 'export custom' instead.
Any experienced person know why it is passed to export custom?
Are they trying to return the watch to the TD :wacko:

Most likely watch will be destroyed, show this to your td, they might mail you a letter and they should send you a new watch

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
That always feels pretty lousy. Edpecisy the first time. I would think and hope that your td would send you a replacement.

In my experience, at least in the US, once they sieze one thing, it's like the flag or mark you and everything else gets diverted and inspected by customs. Like my 10th order got siezed (the dealer tried to stuff 6 watches in one pack). After that 1 package, everything via DHL gets diverted to customs now. Everything.

This is one of the main reasons it is important to work with someone reliable. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Thanks for advice guys.

Yea, Li from Jtime has been really nice. I will try to get him to send a replacement once i have received the letter from customs.

Just checked a moment ago, no letters yet in my mailbox.

And one question.:)

If i get the watch resend, will it be better to put it under someone else's name and address?

Will there be a possibility that the address that i used to send the seized watch to be black listed or something?

Thanks!

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Update: received the letter from custom today.

Watch is seized.

Unfortunate day for me :(

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Sorry for your loss bro,....best to have it send to a relative in another town,...at least another name/address

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Sorry for your lost, I'm hoping mine will not be seized.

But I'm not in Japan, I'm in CONUS and hopefully just like my other orders, it would be good.

First time to order from Li =D

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Hey, thanks man.
Wishing you all the luck!
Li is doing great so far, he's already found the replacement watch for me and willing to send them for free.
But a little worried now if the next watch will pass the custom or not.

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Update: received the letter from custom today.

Watch is seized.

Unfortunate day for me :(

Thanks, yea.
Sending to the same name with the same address does not sound smart at all.

Hazing

9/5/19
Hey, thanks man.
Wishing you all the luck!
Li is doing great so far, he's already found the replacement watch for me and willing to send them for free.
But a little worried now if the next watch will pass the custom or not.
My experience with customs here in the US - I got a lot of deliveries no problem. And then one shipment got siezed (which sucked). After that, every DHL package that was sent to me from outside CONUS was diverted to customs.

I had it shipped to a friend's house. No problem. But I listed the wrong phone number accidentally. So the next order, I fixed the phone number and again, every order stated diverting through customs.

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
My experience with customs here in the US - I got a lot of deliveries no problem. And then one shipment got siezed (which sucked). After that, every DHL package that was sent to me from outside CONUS was diverted to customs.

I had it shipped to a friend's house. No problem. But I listed the wrong phone number accidentally. So the next order, I fixed the phone number and again, every order stated diverting through customs.

That shows that once our parcel get seized, we will probably be listed under the 'bad boys list'.:D
All of our international shipment will be scanned thoroughly by the customs.
It's a safer bet to put the address & name under a different name then

Hazing

9/5/19
That shows that once our parcel get seized, we will probably be listed under the 'bad boys list'.:D
All of our international shipment will be scanned thoroughly by the customs.
It's a safer bet to put the address & name under a different name then

Yes, I’ve been using ems which takes longer but it’s safer. I’ve had only one package not make it to me via ems . Also, I did a transaction with trustytime and when I informed them that I had issues with DHL, they used fedex which worked fine, and I was thankful because that was on a watch that I didn’t want to wait for. Other than that, it’s alternate addresses and alternate phone numbers to elude the ever prying eye of big-brother.

Mgodfreymjg

Horology Curious
30/6/21
Hey All, I'm new here. Order a watch from Jtime. First, I never received QC photos and after emails and WhatsApp messages...I still never got them. I've written them off by now. However, if you look at the screenshot my watch got here on the 27th and I've seen no movement, assuming it's being processed by customs at this time. Anyone have an idea how long this takes or if I'll see an update as to when it's in customs or if it's being seized? I think they sent via DHL...not sure though from the tracking number. Thanks y'all.

Paolo069

Hasta la victoria siempre
26/1/21
Germany
wait a moment...
u never received qc pictures, really?!
from which site did u order, was it the legit jtime site?

sounds fishy

Reactions: ronb

Mgodfreymjg

Horology Curious
30/6/21
I 100% ordered from the crap Jtime...not the real one. Serves me right for not double checking. Either I'll have two watches now or one because I reached out to Li and ordered one from them immediately. I have to fall on my sword here for being an idiot.