• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying my first rep (can I take into pool?)

quinton77

Looking Around
21/5/19
Hey everyone,

I am buying my first rep and think I'm going to go with either an ARF or v9 SubC date. It just seems to be quite a good replica.
  • Would I be able to take this into the pool? Part of why I want a rep is for travel purposes. I know they only "guarantee" 50 m but what is everyone's realistic experience taking these into water.
I am also interested in getting a Daytona, AP RO Chronograph or Offshore, and perhaps an Explorer I, Aquanaut, GMT.
  • Are any of these ones you would / would not recommend, including over the Sub? I am indifferent between all models... Just want the best quality rep.
  • Would any of these from a higher tier factory be able to go in the water?
Thanks all. I will dive into buying one soon and willing to pay 1-200 extra for the higher quality.

josmcg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/18
I have an ARF Daytona and it is “waterproofed” to 30m. I can see the rubber seal on the stem, some of my other reps did not have that and were not waterproof. I work in a restaurant from time to time and submerge it briefly and have never had any issue. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
I would never take a watch in to water without having it tested first...

Hooopen

Patron
Certified
7/10/18
Europe
You should have it waterproofed before entering a pool. Never trust the factories/TD’s, even tho they list them as waterproofed.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I'd also be a lot more reluctant to take a chronograph into a pool and never depress the chrono button undrr water. I know a lot of people are going to think that is obvious but I'm amazed how many people don't know that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

quinton77

Looking Around
21/5/19
Hey everyone,

I am buying my first rep and think I'm going to go with either an ARF or v9 SubC date. It just seems to be quite a good replica.
  • Would I be able to take this into the pool? Part of why I want a rep is for travel purposes. I know they only "guarantee" 50 m but what is everyone's realistic experience taking these into water.
I am also interested in getting a Daytona, AP RO Chronograph or Offshore, and perhaps an Explorer I, Aquanaut, GMT. https://tradevenue.se/
  • Are any of these ones you would / would not recommend, including over the Sub? I am indifferent between all models... Just want the best quality rep.
  • Would any of these from a higher tier factory be able to go in the water?
Thanks all. I will dive into buying one soon and willing to pay 1-200 extra for the higher quality.
solved!!!

Ruffa2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/19
No no never. I only really take beater watches into the pool just incase it gets bashed