• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Concern over recent sale

lecharlton

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/19
Ordered two watches a week ago through the website of a trusted dealer (won't name as want to give them the benefit of the doubt)

After the order the QC pics came through for the first watch and were fine, was then told the other watch was out of stock with no indication of if/when it would be available. My card has been charged over £1,000 by a Singapore based company a few days ago.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned as the availability of the second watch is unknown? I would expect my card to be charged for an item a seller doesnt even possess.

lecharlton

27/3/19
PS I have PM'd the TD directly through here and also emailed their customer services - no response as yet...........

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
I think better check on ur banking statement where the charges are from. Check weather are they from your TD. Don’t think normally 2 watches will cost £1000.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: walke121

lecharlton

27/3/19
The two watches I ordered did add up to approx £1000 after conversion.

My main issue is being charged for a watch that the seller doesn't actually have and is in no position to do QC or ship

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
TD's are really just middle men. It's not unusual. You will either be offered a different watch - or a refund.

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Usually you pay first, then the TD contacts the factory.

This way you’re committed and don’t change your mind after TD got your watch, since, as far as I know, they can’t return it.

lecharlton

27/3/19
Cool, thank you

My worry is they've charged now but I may be waiting for months - hopefully not

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Usually you pay first, then the TD contacts the factory.

This way you’re committed and don’t change your mind after TD got your watch, since, as far as I know, they can’t return it.

not true, first you ask the TD to check for availability, after confirmation you pay...and yes, it sometimes happens after payment it appears to be not available...

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Happened to me twice (maybe more?) where the watch was said to be available (sometimes after several confirmation emails) turned out to be out of stock.
Since I don't like the uncertainty of waiting until the watch is back in stock again, I just choose different watch....... which sometimes also out of stock.

Maybe because dealers receive many many inquiries from flaky buyers that some of them decided to check the availability AFTER receiving guarantee of purchase a.k.a. money.
Can you imagine our TDs calling the watch store/factory 100x a day asking availability but not buying a single watch???

lecharlton

27/3/19
Thats cool and its OK that they charged me. However its at that point I want to know whether its either discontinued and we find an alternative or its temporarily out of stock and I need to be patient.

Just as a matter of principle if I took someones money for an object I didn't own I'd directly let them what was going on.