• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Travelling with Reps

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Hey, I was wondering how many reps max you can take on an airplane. Do you give one to each family member so they wear them and travel or can you simply put all your reps in a watch roll and put them in the hand luggage. All this if you want to take more then 5 reps abroad to countries like USA, Germany, Belgium,etc. I know it's not common that you take all your reps, but in the case that you have to take them because you'll stay abroad for more then 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Also, will customs seize them. Charge for taxes. Or since their used they simply let them pass. I don't know how it works with gen watches, do they charge taxes if you take 5 watches worth more then 100k all together?

Qatar974

16/11/18
Qatar
I went through heathrow airport two times with two replica watches one on my wrist and the second in my handbag, and i didn't face any problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less

30/9/18
DE
Also, will customs seize them. Charge for taxes. Or since their used they simply let them pass. I don't know how it works with gen watches, do they charge taxes if you take 5 watches worth more then 100k all together?

It strongly depends on which country your immigrating to. Each country has different rules concerning counterfeit goods. As for Germany I know it's tolerated to bring counterfeit goods as souvernis as long as you're intention is not to resell them and you cannot overreach your exemption amount.

GingerNingaX

Horology Curious
19/8/17
Lol I came through Heathrow from Thailand with 36 aaa subs, a couple of ninja stars a sword and a couple of STI’s back in the day. Not sure what they would say about it now but these days if I get a package seized by UK customs I just seem to get charged the import tax and that’s it.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
It strongly depends on which country your immigrating to. Each country has different rules concerning counterfeit goods. As for Germany I know it's tolerated to bring counterfeit goods as souvernis as long as you're intention is not to resell them and you cannot overreach your exemption amount.

This is so true. Some countries are making their airport Customs into income generator. They'll scan your carry on bags (your checked in bags already scanned before it comes out of conveyor belt) and they are specifically looking for high value items (like ladies bags... hermes?).
But the jewelry you are wearing is usually not the subject of scrutiny as long as the amount is reasonable.
So once you land, just take out the jewelry from your bag and stuff them into your pocket or let your kids wear them.

charmandad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/19
Should be fine, but in the cases when the custom scan your bag, you are in big trouble I think. They will get seized by custom if you explain that it's rep.