• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who currently has the best no date SUB

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
According to the Consensual List of NWBIGs or Super Reps it's the "Rolex Submariner (114060) No Date B-C Noob V7".
Not my recommendation...I was just doing some research and came across this list on the forums. YMMV

Reactions: vcappp

jscincy

Horology Curious
4/3/09
That’s what I’m interested in. Always wanted a no-date. I’ve just been out the loop for a long time. Thanks for the lead buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
Best if you are going to wear it ‘out of the box’, BP 114060 SA3130. The dial, case shape, crown(now), xtal, and engravings are really good and gen like. The bezel isn’t great due to the non original insert construction (reversed retaining ring and ceramic treated metal insert) but, the click count, height and physical appearance is good. The bracelet SEL’s are good however, I’ve seen flattened links come out of the factory. As a fix the ARF bracelet does fit. Otherwise, trust me don’t fart with mods on this watch. Live1 has a good review of this watch. (Easy search)

Now if you’re going to Franken it, the Noob v7 SA3130 is the way to go. The case is great and accommodates direct gen parts with little or no mods. However, out of the box, the dial, bezel, insert, and engraving have repro tells. SELs are hit and miss. However, you can do a gen bezel (or insert), dial, crown, hands, crown, ARF bracelet and move to a Yuki movement when the SA dies. You would have a killer franken.

jscincy

Horology Curious
4/3/09
Best if you are going to wear it ‘out of the box’, BP 114060 SA3130. The dial, case shape, crown(now), xtal, and engravings are really good and gen like. The bezel isn’t great due to the non original insert construction (reversed retaining ring and ceramic treated metal insert) but, the click count, height and physical appearance is good. The bracelet SEL’s are good however, I’ve seen flattened links come out of the factory. As a fix the ARF bracelet does fit. Otherwise, trust me don’t fart with mods on this watch. Live1 has a good review of this watch. (Easy search)

Now if you’re going to Franken it, the Noob v7 SA3130 is the way to go. The case is great and accommodates direct gen parts with little or no mods. However, out of the box, the dial, bezel, insert, and engraving have repro tells. SELs are hit and miss. However, you can do a gen bezel (or insert), dial, crown, hands, crown, ARF bracelet and move to a Yuki movement when the SA dies. You would have a killer franken.

I really appreciate the help

Reactions: Jpme

Mario-Bros

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/19

Hi everyone
very new to this world. Amazed by this forum and the info obtained.
I am also looking to buy a sub no date and wish not to spend extra money.
I wrote to Pure time and they suggested this model :
https://puretime.io/submariner-114060-no-date-black-ceramic-v8-1-1-noob-best-edition-a2836.html

according to Puretime this is the model that goes closest to the gen.
Still puzzled by the movement I have read so much that I am bit confused.

what do you guys suggest ?

thanks in advance