• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Box and Papers

Uhrsammler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/12
But take a good look to the TD´s boxes. Their are often not so good, like the watches...

zeb358

14/1/19
I'm not bothered by boxes at all for reps. For used Gen's it's a must only to help with resale down the line. But if it pleases you with reps...why not!

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

kingjames90

Legend
12/8/18
Manchester, UK.
Yeah I’d go with a display box or a winder, personally.

Although I do understand the attraction of a box set!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Spooky27

12/2/19
I’m referring to people who’s minds go to criminality. I keep all of my watches in boxes with booklets. I want a box and booklet for the rep I just ordered. It’s MY personal preference. I’m spending $700+ on a watch. I’m not going to have it store it in a lesser condition than my other watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to look like an idiot or an asshole when you try to play it off as being gen. If someone knows gens, they will know you're either A) a liar and a fraud or B) and idiot who bought a gen thinking it was real. So, which will it be?

There are a lot of higher quality, more practical ways to store your rep. The only reason I would see that you'd want to a fake box is either to lie that it's real (and how many people that don't know you well will be wherever you keep your watches stored) or because you're trying to flip it as a gen when it's not. This group strongly opposes gen box's/papers. Do what you will with the info.

Ubpfc

Renowned Member
2/5/14
United States
I get that you want a box you want to keep/display it in but when you also ask about papers to me that is a red flag. No one gives a damn about papers unless it’s a Gen. Then you say you don’t tell people it’s a rep. Come on buddy we know what’s going on here... I have a rep that is almost indistinguishable from a Gen but I always tell people who ask (which is very few) that it’s a rep. I have actually told some people my Gen is a rep if I didn’t know them (depends on the situation).

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
I suggest you get a nice display box that can hold multiple watches so when you buy more you can store them too and dont need multiple rolex boxes. Also you don't need a box to store it, I put them in vintage rolex pouches that you can get for like $15 or just place them nicely on my nightstand or my nightstand drawer

Where can I get those pouches?

Sent from the RWI App

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
They're available. Like watches. They're available in almost an infinite number of various grades between cheap and not so cheap. I have probably 5 different versions of boxes - in all qualities.

I got one in yesterday that's pretty good. It's better then the cheap ones and has the box made of leather and the lining has a soft felt. Also the watch pillow is sculpted as opposed to just the round one.

I got the one pictured for less than 40 USD. Strangely enough, I have a few that aren't nearly as good that were roughly the same price. 3 dollars less. It's amazing what $3 buys.
5697477dab9b5121d402f648d3922e50.jpg
1bc4d1d6f4e8a3d42c00b6f07e0cec3f.jpg
e2133a3124c552514841528e314a2e28.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yort

Bones2U

Known Member
27/11/18
Toronto
They're available. Like watches. They're available in almost an infinite number of various grades between cheap and not so cheap. I have probably 5 different versions of boxes - in all qualities.

I got one in yesterday that's pretty good. It's better then the cheap ones and has the box made of leather and the lining has a soft felt. Also the watch pillow is sculpted as opposed to just the round one.

I got the one pictured for less than 40 USD. Strangely enough, I have a few that aren't nearly as good that were roughly the same price. 3 dollars less. It's amazing what $3 buys.

Can you post a link to this one? Looks good.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
And I don't know what everyone is going on about. Yes I understand that selling a weed as a Gen is bad but let's assume that the op is not doing that.

A watch is more valuable when it has a box and papers. When people buy watches, many like the box an papers even if it's for their own piece of mind. Does the box add anything to a watch and it's value? No, but people like it because it adds some sense of being newer and more complete.

If you have a rep with a box, you have that same feeling. Even if it is just for you. Which is what a a box is for. Just for you. So the op wants one? What's the big deal? Even if it ends up as a book end on his shelf (which is why I have some), there is some piece of mind in having it. I get it.

As long as you're not selling it as the real thing, there is no difference between a rep watch and a rep box.

Reactions: masterpiece777

Balboa

Known Member
9/6/19
Write what it is on a piece of paper and leave it in the box if the paper bothers you that much

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
A friend of mine bought my DateJust and now he wants a box to store it in. I broke even on the watch sale and will show him the box combos to see if he wants the one I select. Nothing nefarious suspected on my side but after being here in my short time I could understand the prejudice.

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
I have a rep that is almost indistinguishable from a Gen but I always tell people who ask (which is very few) that it’s a rep. I have actually told some people my Gen is a rep if I didn’t know them (depends on the situation).

I'm in your camp regarding the gen question. I'm actually waiting on my first rep to arrive but have had a similar experience with an homage.

I have owned an Invicta (insert scorn here) 9937 dive watch for over 8 years. It's the one with a Swiss movement and is an homage to the Sub. I bought it online for $350 after reading a review online. It's been surfing, diving, etc. all over the world, never serviced and treated rough like a tool watch should be. Still, it keeps amazing time (+4 at last check) and starts up with a single shake. (of course it's also a hacking and wind-able movement)

The reason I brought it up is that I've been asked a few times in those 8 years if it was a sub, or a Rolex, etc. (Although if they looked a little closer they'd see that it doesn't even say Rolex but most people think of that design as a Rolex Sub) I always say NO proudly and tell them I bought the watch years ago for $350 and I would never spend 8 to $10,000 on a watch. I love handing it to people to see their surprise at the quality. (especially Rolex owners)

I would personally be embarrassed to own a $10,000 watch so I love telling people the cost of any of my watches. My most expensive watch is a Tissot that was around $700.

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I personally understand why would you want to have the box and matching papers, to be honest. It's your toy, and you want a nice showcase stand to put it. And if you can get the "official" stand to put it, well, even better! To me it has perfect sense, as long as it's your only watch (or a really small collection). If you are building a big collection doesn't make that much sense, as that good feeling of looking at your collection is better with a nice showcase with ten or more cushions to put your toys in.

I totally get the initial suspicion, though, as people scamming buyers with fakes is our bane and it's something that really damages the reputation of an otherwise quite harmless hobby.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton

40 USD Rolex box? That's a steal

PennyForTheGuy

11/6/19
Southern California, USA
I had a watch repairer gushing about my Omega and she couldn't believe when I said it was fake.

I suspect they were probably just practicing good customer service, any decent watchsmith should be able to pretty easily ID a rep. But most of them won't out you just in case you get defensive about it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WATCH HACKER

gatty

Known Member
30/5/19
Texas
I don’t know what you mean.

Why buy a replica if you’re gonna store it like garbage? If you’re gonna fake it. Fake it.

We all buy replicas. I don’t think there’s one person here that proudly claims it’s a fake to whoever they show the watch to. If I’m buying a fake I want a damn box for the thing too. Sue me. It’s my fake watch I can store it how I damn well please.

You criminal minded folks might be trying some shady stuff but I’d like to display my not so cheap replica watch in a nice box.

Thank you.

I store all my watches in winders...not their original boxes.