• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Box and Papers

JerzyBoy973

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/15
Looking to get a pulse on a less reviewed item here.

In your opinions, who has the best quality Rolex Box and Papers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
There is not much review about them because members here mostly do not buy them. The motive of a member seeking box and papers is often scrutinized as well.

JerzyBoy973

13/6/15
Makes sense. But I assume there are other like me that would like to store their watch in a gen like box. It would be nice to have the accoutrements that go along with the watch. I’m spending $700+ I’d like a decent matching box.

Reactions: tzon_a

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Makes sense. But I assume there are other like me that would like to store their watch in a gen like box. It would be nice to have the accoutrements that go along with the watch. I’m spending $700+ I’d like a decent matching box.

You should buy a real Rolex box on eBay to put your replica in if you like. The real box has value

Toscana

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
27/8/16
Why buy case and paper for storage a replica?

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: KushBandit

JerzyBoy973

13/6/15
you know why ....LOL

I don’t know what you mean.

Why buy a replica if you’re gonna store it like garbage? If you’re gonna fake it. Fake it.

We all buy replicas. I don’t think there’s one person here that proudly claims it’s a fake to whoever they show the watch to. If I’m buying a fake I want a damn box for the thing too. Sue me. It’s my fake watch I can store it how I damn well please.

You criminal minded folks might be trying some shady stuff but I’d like to display my not so cheap replica watch in a nice box.

Thank you.

hotrodder

Known Member
6/12/17
I have lots of reps never even thought of buying box I have many gens as well those boxes wind up in attic... Buy a display box or winder if you want to store properly

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Balboa

JerzyBoy973

13/6/15
I have lots of reps never even thought of buying box I have many gens as well those boxes wind up in attic... Buy a display box or winder if you want to store properly

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Again. Personal preference is personal. I glad that you know what YOU like.

Reactions: Katsumi Yamada

CanRep

13/10/18

Why buy a replica if you’re gonna store it like garbage? If you’re gonna fake it. Fake it.

We all buy replicas. I don’t think there’s one person here that proudly claims it’s a fake to whoever they show the watch to. If I’m buying a fake I want a damn box for the thing too. Sue me. It’s my fake watch I can store it how I damn well please.

You criminal minded folks might be trying some shady stuff but I’d like to display my not so cheap replica watch in a nice box.

Thank you.

I do. I always say it's a Rep when showing off the watch. I had a watch repairer gushing about my Omega and she couldn't believe when I said it was fake. I mean, you are absolutely correct in that you can do what you like and put it in whatever box you please, but you aren't telling people it's fake? I'm not too fussed about people thinking it's real or not, I just love the look and design of certain reps. I think most people here fall into that category as well, so don't see the point spending money on a fake case for displays sake. They like to wear/collect watches and as a result don't see the point in the box unless it can retain some value (hense many many people here do opt for the Gen boxes).

Do your thing my friend and just enjoy it. I will support the advise though about a gen box. Invest in that and know that it will last wwaayyyyyo longer as well!

Reactions: Jpme and KushBandit

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Thank you.

Well it was the fact that you were asking about the papers too

and you address me as a criminal minded folk .......

Reactions: KushBandit

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
I suggest you get a nice display box that can hold multiple watches so when you buy more you can store them too and dont need multiple rolex boxes. Also you don't need a box to store it, I put them in vintage rolex pouches that you can get for like $15 or just place them nicely on my nightstand or my nightstand drawer

Reactions: Sokrates94

JerzyBoy973

13/6/15
I suggest you get a nice display box that can hold multiple watches so when you buy more you can store them too and dont need multiple rolex boxes. Also you don't need a box to store it, I put them in vintage rolex pouches that you can get for like $15 or just place them nicely on my nightstand or my nightstand drawer

I’m thinking about a display box but until I get one I’d like a Rolex box since all my other watches are in manufacturer boxes. ????????

JerzyBoy973

13/6/15
Well it was the fact that you were asking about the papers too

and you address me as a criminal minded folk .......

I’m referring to people who’s minds go to criminality. I keep all of my watches in boxes with booklets. I want a box and booklet for the rep I just ordered. It’s MY personal preference. I’m spending $700+ on a watch. I’m not going to have it store it in a lesser condition than my other watches.

JerzyBoy973

13/6/15
I do. I always say it's a Rep when showing off the watch. I had a watch repairer gushing about my Omega and she couldn't believe when I said it was fake. I mean, you are absolutely correct in that you can do what you like and put it in whatever box you please, but you aren't telling people it's fake? I'm not too fussed about people thinking it's real or not, I just love the look and design of certain reps. I think most people here fall into that category as well, so don't see the point spending money on a fake case for displays sake. They like to wear/collect watches and as a result don't see the point in the box unless it can retain some value (hense many many people here do opt for the Gen boxes).

Do your thing my friend and just enjoy it. I will support the advise though about a gen box. Invest in that and know that it will last wwaayyyyyo longer as well!

That’s solid advice. I’m definitely getting a Gen box. I store all of my watches that way so I’m not going to switch up now. I’m not telling people the watch I’m wearing is fake. My jeweler is literally the only person I’ve ever told that a watch is a rep.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

If I’m buying a fake I want a damn box for the thing too. Sue me. It’s my fake watch I can store it how I damn well please.

Hell yeah broski!

tenor.gif

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Hell yeah broski!

tenor.gif

I hate the pens because I am a die hard :redwings: fan, but that kid is AWESOME!!!

Also, OP get a killer display case. Over time, as your rep collection grows, you will tire with the boxes. You will want one nice (very large) display case for them.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I recommend the gen case if you're dead set on having a box with some case candy. The rep B&P are sub-par. My gen box is miles ahead of any 1 of my rep boxes. I'd go with a period accurate box.

I also recommend getting a display case if you have a growing collection. Much easier to swap between watches and keep from beating up the OEM boxes. Plus, it's nice to look through a glass top display case and see your collection.

Nothing wrong with having both types of cases :cool:

....btw, many of us here do infact tell folks that we wear reps. Hell, I know gen owners who tell people that they're wearing a rep. Wild concept, right? :woo:

Reactions: Jpme and Balboa

Hanifcd

Horology Curious
15/2/19
I like to put my reps into a gen box. It felt good looking at it but yes getting a decent watch case that can hold more seems to be a better option. I have a place nearby that sells rep boxes at a decent price/quality too if you're interested.

Anyway, I have a question. I've seen some TDs selling boxes that be customized with a model/serial numbers, anyone bought one before? If yes, how's the quality like?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk