• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Questioning the sales forum rules?

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Ok, this might be controversial, but I have to question the sales forum pricing rules, and here's why.

first of all, only on this rep site do people question someone selling price if its $1 over what a TD sells for, on any genuine watch site that sells REAL watches no one asks what price did you pay, the watch is worth whatever the buyer thinks its worth, this is simple economics.

Now I understand people shouldn't profit massively off a watch, but let's say you have a rare beast, like a Rolex TC, why should you sell that at cost when they are so rare, just like the real market in Rolex's some watches become more valuable.

also maybe someone doesn't want to wait weeks to get a rep that might be bad at QC, and wait longer for next images till then its shipped, is there no value in having watches that can be sent quickly, and you know any flaws up front from a trusted member?

OK, so I don't want to cause a flamewar or anything, I just don't get why rules are so strict on a site reselling fake watches, and on gen sites where watches are being bought and sold for thousands, no one questions the seller's sale price

for instance, what if I was given a Noob v9, do I have to give it away on here, as I'm not allowed to profit?

now I'm not some random guy that has a beef, I have sold over 30 watches on here and glad for the outlet for my hobby. but I do question that on every sale thread I read, there's always someone to question the seller's price, even if they forget about currency fluctuations etc, forget that, the watch is worth what people want to pay for it.

I sell a lot of Gens on eBay, not as a business, but part of my hobby flipping watches. I get a lot of lowball offers on watches, then follow up messages telling me its overpriced. I explain I have done my research, and this is only one on the secondary market, so will wait to see if anyone is willing to pay the extra. and sure enough, people are.

So in conclusion, my point is, why are people so mad at the way sellers price things, as long as it's not silly over the top, ( and there not a sneaky dealer) its surely up to the market what its worth. if a buyer wants a quick buy and willing to pay extra $10, then let the seller adapt the price

Just wanted to start a discussion. remember NO gen site or eBay etc, ask what you bought it for, why is it different here?

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I read 3 lines only...beg your pardon..

NO for me. It’s good as it is

And by the way there are many rep fora and they all behave the same. For a good reason

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Because this is a hobby forum and we do not profit off our fellow hobbyists. Not $1 and not $500, profit is profit.

But I’m sure you already knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WC800729

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
TC Subs are not rare, there are thousands of the things all across the globe.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
He wants to know why he can’t sell his TC for profit on RWI.

really my point is, I come here every day and lots of sales thread always have someone price checking the OP, seems to be a fasination for some. obv people shouldnt make this hobby into a profit business, but also never seen people on normal watch sales sites asking what the sellar originally paid for it.

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
I’m not looking to flame, but this is kind of a tiresome, whiney post. You can’t compare gen sales to rep sales. These things don’t appreciate, and the lifespan of a rep is unpredictable. The current policies are in place to avoid members from taking advantage, plain and simple. Unfortunately you come across some unscrupulous individuals from time to time, and OP I am sure you’ve seen some underhanded things go down in your 5 yrs on this forum. I personally prefer RWI because of the moderated sales forum.

If if you’re looking for an unmoderated Wild West M2M forum, where profiteering and other shenanigans are ignored , then have at it. You won’t have to look too far.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
really my point is, I come here every day and lots of sales thread always have someone price checking the OP, seems to be a fasination for some. obv people shouldnt make this hobby into a profit business, but also never seen people on normal watch sales sites asking what the sellar originally paid for it.

Listen carefully. Other sites do not care about profit and offer a sales section for members to trade, whether for hobby or profit.

Rwi offers a sales section for only hobbyists to share their hobby with each other at no profit.

That is the answer.

Reactions: KushBandit

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
the implicit detail everyone sees here is...I WISH I COULD LEVERAGE ON THE HUGE BASIN OF RWI TO MAKE SOME PROFIT

No, fair policy for everyone on here instead.
If I want to sell something at more than what I paid I can rightfully do so on many other platforms and I won't blame RWI

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Selling rep is like selling a pre-owned car. You don’t sell it above MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
the implicit detail everyone sees here is...I WISH I COULD LEVERAGE ON THE HUGE BASIN OF RWI TO MAKE SOME PROFIT

No, fair policy for everyone on here instead.
If I want to sell something at more than what I paid I can rightfully do so on many other platforms and I won't blame RWI

Really wasn't my point I have very few Reps left in my collection, so not trying to sell my TC like someone else said. Ive sold both of them years ago. my problem is everyone seems to get so so so salty when someone overprices by a penny, there's always someone on a sales thread to call outage on seller. after buying and selling gen watches for 30 years, I never see this attitude on other sites.

As I've said I don't think people should profit, but let's be honest how many of those catch and release we see have been bought with 30% off at Watchoutlet etc. how many of the terrible frankens (my opinion) have the parts been top dollar. there quite a few modders on here making money.

I have no need or will to make money, just questioning why market forces arent allowed to be in play, and why certain people and sure you know who they are go out of there way to discredit the sale

"Listen carefully. Other sites do not care about profit and offer a sales section for members to trade, whether for hobby or profit.

Rwi offers a sales section for only hobbyists to share their hobby with each other at no profit.

That is the answer."

thanks, I listened VERY carefully, now I know the answer, on a side note before you show the type of attitude that people dislike on this site, (I speak to a lot of people about here and there fed up of constant flame ways) may I remind you about your Hobby, its buying and wearing Fake, counterfeit watches, I'm sure your fav watch brand would love your hobby. just reminding you...

Last edited:

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Selling rep is like a pre-owned car. You don’t sell it above MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

great analogy. and my point was that RARE watches like a TC should be allowed to be sold for more if the market wants it.

so in your analogy, it would be like buying a secondhand Ferrari Dino 1973, sure it will appreciate

Reactions: DaleM

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Really wasn't my point I have very few Reps left in my collection, so not trying to sell my TC like someone else said. Ive sold both of them years ago. my problem is everyone seems to get so so so salty when someone overprices by a penny, there's always someone on a sales thread to call outage on seller. after buying and selling gen watches for 30 years, I never see this attitude on other sites.

As I've said I don't think people should profit, but let's be honest how many of those catch and release we see have been bought with 30% off at Watchoutlet etc. how many of the terrible frankens (my opinion) have the parts been top dollar. there quite a few modders on here making money.

I have no need or will to make money, just questioning why market forces arent allowed to be in play, and why certain people and sure you know who they are go out of there way to discredit the sale

"Listen carefully. Other sites do not care about profit and offer a sales section for members to trade, whether for hobby or profit.

That is the answer."

thanks, I listened VERY carefully, now I know the answer, on a side note before you show the type of attitude that people dislike on this site, (I speak to a lot of people about here and there fed up of constant flame ways) may I remind you about your Hobby, its buying and wearing Fake, counterfeit watches, I'm sure your fav watch brand would love your hobby. just reminding you...

I sincerely missed your point

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
great analogy. and my point was that RARE watches like a TC should be allowed to be sold for more if the market wants it.

so in your analogy, it would be like buying a secondhand Ferrari Dino 1973, sure it will appreciate

To be fair though, isn’t there a difference between a rare example of a (real) Ferrari Dino and a C&R rep example?

Sent from the RWI App

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
I sincerely missed your point

I really was trying to ask a genuine question, maybe I was a bit longwinded about it, but certainly wasnt trying and rustle feathers.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
To be fair though, isn’t there a difference between a rare example of a (real) Ferrari Dino and a C&R rep example?

Sent from the RWI App

I remember my TC v6 LV and Yachtmaster, both where seriously better quality than the JF or whatever it was that came out from the factories, if people have a good example of it to sell, I think they should be able too sell what people are willing to pay for it, also theres quite a few discontinued old Pams that you see a lot of people asking for in the wanted section.

On a tangent question, what ever did happen to TC. have you seen the Ginault watches, thay have a serious resemblace to has subs, including red second hand, do you think he might be behind the company? https://ginault.com/ocean-rover-181070gsln/

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I really was trying to ask a genuine question, maybe I was a bit longwinded about it, but certainly wasnt trying and rustle feathers.

Sorry, I just mean in regards to quote below.

“thanks, I listened VERY carefully, now I know the answer, on a side note before you show the type of attitude that people dislike on this site, (I speak to a lot of people about here and there fed up of constant flame ways) may I remind you about your Hobby, its buying and wearing Fake, counterfeit watches, I'm sure your fav watch brand would love your hobby. just reminding you...”

I’m sure you can understand how questioning the values of a community in which you are a benefiting member might ruffle some feathers.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I remember my TC v6 LV and Yachtmaster, both where seriously better quality than the JF or whatever it was that came out from the factories, if people have a good example of it to sell, I think they should be able too sell what people are willing to pay for it, also theres quite a few discontinued old Pams that you see a lot of people asking for in the wanted section.

On a tangent question, what ever did happen to TC. have you seen the Ginault watches, thay have a serious resemblace to has subs, including red second hand, do you think he might be behind the company? https://ginault.com/ocean-rover-181070gsln/

Dude, are you trolling!?!

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Sorry, I just mean in regards to quote below.

“thanks, I listened VERY carefully, now I know the answer, on a side note before you show the type of attitude that people dislike on this site, (I speak to a lot of people about here and there fed up of constant flame ways) may I remind you about your Hobby, its buying and wearing Fake, counterfeit watches, I'm sure your fav watch brand would love your hobby. just reminding you...”

I’m sure you can understand how questioning the values of a community in which you are a benefiting member might ruffle some feathers.

did you see the patronising post you sent me with "Listen carefully" etc, I was replying in same vain. hope you understand the simplicty of that

Jesus all I did was question the atitude to sales prices. trying to start a convo. not a flame fest.