• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Parcel Force Lost Parcel

Grjones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
I wanted to update you all on my second purchase from a TD and how Parcel Force have lost the parcel since it arrived in the UK. There is no criticism of the TD as they are working with me to resolve the issue but wanted to see if this was a common issue with Parcel Force and in my communications with them, wanted some advice on how best to receive a new watch.

My original post and review of my sales experience can be found here:https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/puretime-buyer-reviews/7369950-purchase-of-my-rolex-sub-arf

So, I ordered a watch for my wife following a successful purchase of a Role Sub. Same process, QC photos all passed, parcel dispatched to the UK, arrived in very quick time, 3 days to be precise. Once it arrived it was released from customs within a couple of days with custom charges and then revised custom charges. I then receive the letter from customs stating what I owe them and call to pay. At this point I am told that the payment can not be processed as the parcel is not in the delivery depot and is still in the International Hub.

At this point I began to worry as the parcel was not where it should have been following clearance and I was unable to make payment.

I had been communicating with Parcel Force for the past week and the parcel has not be located. They claim it should have been scanned at the International Hub but wasn't scanned out. They have had teams trying locate the parcel in both the International Hub and Delivery Depot and have not been able to locate it.

After a week of being completely fobbed off by Parcel Force about its whereabouts, I managed to raise a complaint of which they responded by email saying "We have not been able to locate your item, I can only suggest you contact the sender who will need to submit a claim" bla bla...

I have been communicating with the TD who has confirmed they will resolve this matter for me and I thank them extensively for responding as they have. but the annoying thing is that this parcel has clearly been stollen by a member of staff within Parcel Force. There is no way with extensive scanning of items that a parcel is just misplaced, even if it was to arrive at another delivery depot, the error would surely show up when it was scanned in?

Has anyone else had this issue with parcel force? Should I trust them to handle the parcel again? It seems every parcel that comes into the UK is hit with Custom Charges.

This was my second purchase and I do want to buy more, but I am very conscious of the issues surrounding customs and there is every possibility of seizure. I guess its a risk we take, or was I just unfortunate on this occasion. It appears from the TD and Parcel Force this is very rare, but is it really?

Reactions: J0n4s

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Parcel force are shite. I used them twice, never again. Even UK to EU and vice versa they are a disaster waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grjones

911flyer

Renowned Member
15/10/13
DO NOT USE PARCEL FORCE! I shipped some vintage irreplaceable porsche car parts from sweden to England and it was smashed to shit and needed to be repaired and repainted when it arrived.

Bought a carbon mtb from uk because cant buy it in sweden and it was cracked brand new when it arrived. Package totally trashed! It was unreal!

Lost a couple ebay items with parcel force and actually to my knowledge never had any good shipment through them.

On the bike and car parts i had insurance but they only paid £1000 on the bike (1/5th the cost of the bike) and the car parts - ZERO!!! Asked me to file a complaint with the Swedish post office...lol retards!

Maybe they hire idiot people that look through the shipments. If someone would find a rolex they would definitely think it was gen and snatch it. FU€K PARCEL FORCE and go the extra £10 and have it shipped with DHL, Fedex or UPS INSTEAD!

I use Shiplink through my company now a days and never had an issue. They contract DHL usually.

Sorry to hear about your postal loss but spend extra for shipping. I learned the real hard way and its worth every single penny.

Good luck

Reactions: Grjones

Kernow

Renowned Member
2/9/13
Parcel Farce ha! I don’t use them for watches, but they charged me more to return an eBay item than it cost to buy it (including delivery - by themselves)!

Grjones

27/11/18
Hi all, just an update on the above. Parcel force have now written to me formally to state that the Chinese sender has raised a claim. They have asked to me to confirm formally that I had not received the parcel, despite the fact I already have confirmation from them that the parcel can not be located (lost). I haven’t received it and despite it travelling across the world to the UK it’s gone missing at the International Hub. Ridiculous!!! I’m glad I’m in contact with puretime the TD who have said that a replacement would be sent once they have done thier investigations with the courier. So it’s CNY and a week or so to wait, I’m just hopeful I can get this resolved and get the watch successfully delivered. I don’t really want ParcelForce to handle this again to be honest. Something I will need to discuss with PT once they return to work.

Grjones

27/11/18
How mad is this. Parcel Force write to me confirming the parcel can not be located, as far as I was aware, the parcel has gone. And then last night I receive an email notification from puretime saying the parcel is at the delivery depot. I checked the tracking and yes, it stated the parcel had been received at the depot yesterday. Visited today and there it was.

A mystery but a resolved one.

I cant fault puretime in their customer service. Communicated every stage of the way.

​​​​​​​

Reactions: elnino123

elnino123

Horology Curious
21/11/14
Hello id just like to jump on this thread and hopefully gain some insight or help as im a bit stressed out with parcel force, I ordered a rolex ladies watch from Toro Bravo on the 21st of jan, He gave me tracking information on the 23rd of january and the watch left the country for the uk on the 25th of january.

Its now the 7th of feb and the tracking information still states

Tracking no. LM536693276CN

This item is now leaving the originating country. More information will be available when it arrives in the UK.

Im quite concerned that most people on here seem to say that it indicates also when it arrives in the uk, its now been 14 days and no update. I contacted royal mail and they say there may be a backlog but no other help, and Toro isnt responding to my emails. i thought that using the ems service would be between 7-10 days its now been 16 inc weekends.

I hope that this isnt a disaster story as id be really gutted if £300 went down the pan and it was a gift for her birthday aswel.

id love to hear someones experience or help thanks.

Grjones

27/11/18
You can track your item on either Royal Mail or via the tracking company sent by the trader. It looks like yours isn’t coming by Parcel Force but Royal Mail. I’ve found when items come via Royal Mail there is no tracking through the system until it actually arrives in the UK, generally it’s out next day for delivery. I wouldn’t worry too much, it’s Chinese New Year too and all companies are closed so the lack of response wouldn’t be uncommon.

Wait a while, they’re back on Monday next week, make contact. I’m sure yours will also arrive safely. Royal Mail have never charged me custom fees and always sail through.

Reactions: elnino123

elnino123

Horology Curious
21/11/14
thanklyou for the response its always good to hear other peoples stories and opinions.

I understand the anxiety feeling its like your hopeless and just hope it arrives. ill wait until next week hopefully its just delayed, its her birthday tomorrow though so kinda sucks.

just a last thing has anyone used royal mail before it says it left china 9 days ago surely it must of arrived even at customs by now?

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I am waiting for a package sent via Royal Mail within EU and the tracking nr shows that the package was leaving UK since 6 days and after that it’s silence. The package contains a 800$ watch and I am freaking out!
Seems like there is some serious issues with Royal Mail, Parcel Force,...

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I've bought 50 odd watches in the past year. Probably 70% were delivered by Parcel Force, the rest by Royal Mail. They've all been faultless. Sure, some watches have sat in customs for two weeks, some watches haven't tracked at any stage of the journey, but all watches have turned up in the end, most in a pretty decent time.

elnino123

Horology Curious
21/11/14
I am waiting for a package sent via Royal Mail within EU and the tracking nr shows that the package was leaving UK since 6 days and after that it’s silence. The package contains a 800$ watch and I am freaking out!
Seems like there is some serious issues with Royal Mail, Parcel Force,...

mines exactly the same it still states on the royal mail tracking that it is leaving for the uk, that was on 25th of january and its now the 11th of feb, im going to email the seller again today and hopefully get some help.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
mines exactly the same it still states on the royal mail tracking that it is leaving for the uk, that was on 25th of january and its now the 11th of feb, im going to email the seller again today and hopefully get some help.

I've written the e.mail to RM last week asking for assistance (still no answer) and today the sender is going directly to the PO where he sent the package asking for assistance regarding my tracking nr.

My hopes are really low that my "case" will end in a positive way..

Last edited:

elnino123

Horology Curious
21/11/14
I've written the e.mail to RM last week asking for assistance (still no answer) and today the sender is going directly to the PO where he sent the package asking for assistance regarding my tracking nr.

My hopes are really low that my "case" will end in a positive way..

I hope this isnt the case as im feeling the same way atm, its a shame as its a lovely watch i was excited for my mrs to wear it. may i ask which seller you used? im aware that most trusted dealers will cover a new one if it goes missing in transit, ive emailed mine 3 times now and no reply so my hopes are diminishing.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I hope this isnt the case as im feeling the same way atm, its a shame as its a lovely watch i was excited for my mrs to wear it. may i ask which seller you used? im aware that most trusted dealers will cover a new one if it goes missing in transit, ive emailed mine 3 times now and no reply so my hopes are diminishing.

after 12 days of silence today the tracking nr. had an update - arrived in my home country. I expect the delivery of the package tomorrow!

elnino123

Horology Curious
21/11/14
after 12 days of silence today the tracking nr. had an update - arrived in my home country. I expect the delivery of the package tomorrow!

is that 12 working days or 12 days altogether? mines been 21 days today since it stated it was departing china and still no update, you have gave me a bit of hope though in regards to no tracking update, im going to wait until monday when chinese new year should definately be over.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
is that 12 working days or 12 days altogether? mines been 21 days today since it stated it was departing china and still no update, you have gave me a bit of hope though in regards to no tracking update, im going to wait until monday when chinese new year should definately be over.

My package was EU-EU and it took total of 18 days to arrive with a period of 12 days of complete silence.

Last package that was sent to me from China, just before Cny stopped in HK and was w/o tracking update for 18 days. It was simply stuck in Hk and once departed it arrived within 2 days to me. Probably this stop was due to Cny and I did not panic. The eu-eu package was anotjer story since usually it’s 2 days that I get it once it leaves UK. This time it was not the case but in the end I got it..

elnino123

Horology Curious
21/11/14
My package was EU-EU and it took total of 18 days to arrive with a period of 12 days of complete silence.

Last package that was sent to me from China, just before Cny stopped in HK and was w/o tracking update for 18 days. It was simply stuck in Hk and once departed it arrived within 2 days to me. Probably this stop was due to Cny and I did not panic. The eu-eu package was anotjer story since usually it’s 2 days that I get it once it leaves UK. This time it was not the case but in the end I got it..

thanks for the reply im assuming the same may have happened to my package and it actually hasnt even left china because of cny hopefully by monday next week ill have a update, or failing that the seller will help me.

elnino123

Horology Curious
21/11/14
just thought id update everyone, watch came today and is outstanding quality. thanks to toro and thanks for all the replies. note to self, never order again on chinese new year. :)