• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help contacting a member. I think I’ve been scammed!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Thank you for all of your feedback. I have learned my lesson and feel at better knowing I have the support of the mods (even if there can be nothing done about the money). I also feel at peace knowing this person will not be scamming another member again.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

What support did you receive from the mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
The member is [MEMBER=xkavaz]. He is apparently from Italy and has been a member since May. I hope that he shows up to resolve this. I thought we were all watch lovers in this for the same cause. I now realize not everyone on this forum can be trusted blindly. I will make sure I read every single rule on the forum to better equip myself next time. Thank you everyone for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tuition is expensive.

Sent from the iPhone because I am not at my desk

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
This is unfortunate news, at least it was "just" the dial and not a gen Daytona watch which was how I read it. Backdoor sales are never good, this forum is all about transparency. Everyone is here to look out for one another and protect members from vultures like xkavaz

What support did you receive from the mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They looked into it and hit the asshole with the ban hammer so other members would not be scammed as well.

theinvestigator

Renowned Member
11/5/14
Buying a gen Daytona on a rep forum ? That is not sounding wise at all to me. And you paid at least 5figures without having any doubts to an overseas unknown seller? Wow

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Just a dial

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
mate, always follow the forum rules. Read feedbacks before sending money...we are watch lovers, but there are also scammers