• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help contacting a member. I think I’ve been scammed!

The_Estimator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/18
Hello community,

I bought a gen Rolex Daytona 116520 dial on November 26 through PM. The seller, a member of RWI, said the sale would include tracked shipping and confirmed the package would be picked up November 28. It is now 2 weeks past that date and I have not received anything nor have I heard back from the seller about shipment status or tracking information.

I am somewhat new to the forum and wanted to know if there is any way to get in contact with the seller. Could a moderator help with this? Or, as I fear, have I been scammed and there is nothing anyone can do?

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Roberto

Sent from the RWI App

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
If you two were back-door dealing without open a sales thread then there isn't much anyone can do. You should have read the rules.

That said, you can contact a Mod and open a Helpdesk Ticket.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Hello community,

I bought a gen Rolex Daytona 116520 dial on November 26 through PM. The seller, a member of RWI, said the sale would include tracked shipping and confirmed the package would be picked up November 28. It is now 2 weeks past that date and I have not received anything nor have I heard back from the seller about shipment status or tracking information.

I am somewhat new to the forum and wanted to know if there is any way to get in contact with the seller. Could a moderator help with this? Or, as I fear, have I been scammed and there is nothing anyone can do?

Roberto

Sent from the RWI App
Nope no help from us mods.

Back door deals are against our rules for this very reason you and seller broke the rules you deal with the fall out

Do not open a help desk ticket as we refuse to assist with this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: tkingjr

rm2016

Known Member
26/3/16
Take it as a valuable lesson learned. It is clearly in the rules not to this, for this very reason. Sorry you had to learn the hard way but it is life, people will take advantage of you. The forum is here to protect you only if the rules are followed. I would post a negative review on feedback and chalk it up as a lesson learned. Good luck in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hello community,

Roberto

Sent from the RWI App

Unfortunately, that was a back door deal and you are on your own, but why don’t you name and tag the member in this thread. Name and shame the member. Maybe he will make it right.

Reactions: Maron and 5t3f4n

The_Estimator

3/11/18
The member is [MEMBER=xkavaz]. He is apparently from Italy and has been a member since May. I hope that he shows up to resolve this. I thought we were all watch lovers in this for the same cause. I now realize not everyone on this forum can be trusted blindly. I will make sure I read every single rule on the forum to better equip myself next time. Thank you everyone for your response.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
xkavaz , I notice you're very quick to reply to WTB threads for gen parts, I see people leaving you visitors messages asking if you can get gen parts - looks like you're yet another one running a small business on RWI dealing in genuine Rolex parts.

How about sending your buyer his dial - it would be such a shame if you got banned and lost that extra income from the sale of Rolex parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostrider757

Blingo

Renowned Member
30/9/18
Turkey
Buying a gen Daytona on a rep forum ? That is not sounding wise at all to me. And you paid at least 5figures without having any doubts to an overseas unknown seller? Wow

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

5t3f4n

WTB Slevin/Ploprof
21/9/17
Ita - Eu
He was buying a dial....BTW ,like trip pointed out, "seller" forum atctivities looks really shady

Last edited:

ElCapitano

28/11/16
Where the Dutch live
Buying a gen Daytona on a rep forum ? That is not sounding wise at all to me. And you paid at least 5figures without having any doubts to an overseas unknown seller? Wow

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Looks like is 'just' a gen Daytona Dial, not a full watch

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Seller was banned - a warning to all that think it's 'oh so easy' to scam on RWI.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Should we just put him in the Brig?

That would give an opportunity to hear from him (if he ever has the nerve to voice in).

It's too late for that unfortunately, and he's just lost about 50% of his monthly income . . . No more sales of Rolex parts on RWI for him.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Should we just put him in the Brig?

That would give an opportunity to hear from him (if he ever has the nerve to voice in).

That's not our call. I imagine the Mods are concerned about his back door dealing and the fact he could do this again.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I don't think Inmates can send or read PM ... nor having access outside of the Brig.
We as staff collectively decided to ban.

I myself got the priviledge to push the button

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: tripdog

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I don't think Inmates can send or read PM ... nor having access outside of the Brig.

Correct, they can't, but why waste your time on a waste of space ? - seller was banned, the Mods have enough to do as it is, without surveying the parasites who are here to scam.

The_Estimator

3/11/18
Thank you for all of your feedback. I have learned my lesson and feel at better knowing I have the support of the mods (even if there can be nothing done about the money). I also feel at peace knowing this person will not be scamming another member again.