• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrapped or plated Gold

J.Gotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/18
Hi members,

Sorry for the thread. I know there are already many from it, but I want to find a solution to make my golden watches wearable a longer time. I made the experience when you buy them out of the box from the factories there always problems after a while for loosing the gold, specially in the inside bracelet because the buckle is rubbing against it.

I ask some jewellers around and some told me a wrapped treatment isn’t possible on an assembled watch, because the treatment need high heat and pressure.

I also inform myself about plating. I got an offer to get a plating with real gold. The thickness of the treatment can be from 0,001-0,05. I wonder if this thickness of plating should be enough to safe the bracelet for using marks.

Do anybody of you have experience with that?

Thanks

corleone911

6/11/17
Interesting question!

I asked myself that too. If you make a research in the internet you will find 100000 different opinions.

I think it matters a lot how the quality of the plaiting is done!

Of course a gold filled would be better quality, but I can’t imagine if that treatment can make on an assembled watch.....

Reactions: J.Gotti

J.Gotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/18
There must be a solution to safe the bracelet of fading of their colour.

But I am but sure if plating with real gold would be enough. Maybe if the thickness is right it can be enough

Reactions: corleone911