Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

All
    am just curious if anyone has faced any issue wearing a rep and coming to the country or traveling in general ? In my mind it is a possibility that the airport may ask you for a thorough check and find you are wearing a rep - is that a problem or they wouldnt care ( privided they know how to spot a rep).

• Hinclimincli
    replied
    Originally posted by QWERTY7888889 View Post
    Thanks Rog i m located in EU and here there is illegal buy it, trade it and have it!
    Not that I’m aware of...

Leave a comment:

• QWERTY7888889
    replied
    Thanks Rog i m located in EU and here there is illegal buy it, trade it and have it!

Leave a comment:

• stufuse
    replied
    Originally posted by rog1079 View Post
    This thread delivers. I just wish I could tell apart the folks screwing with people from the ones that legitimately believe this nonsense.

Customs at airports isn’t looking for counterfeit watches, they are looking for people trying to smuggle items purchased abroad into the country without paying the import tax. If you are traveling with a couple watches packed you have nothing to worry about. If you are coming into the country with a suitcase full of watches packaged up in boxes you will run into issues. This would happen with genuine watches as well.

Take the foil hats off people, most of the people in this thread are making fun of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Well you say that.

My seadweller franken (mostly gen parts) got confiscated after passing through X-ray, the security guy said they could see the movement tabs that held the clone 3135 in the case and that no gen Rolex would have these. He went on to tell me how they did a 7 day intense course at rolex HQ on how to spot Rolex reps during X-ray. The guy was good, there was a Bin full of reps next to his scanner! I spotted a noob v6s with prof xtal and a TCv7x. he said that one was easy due to the 2824 inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rog1079
    replied
    Originally posted by QWERTY7888889 View Post
    For me if you wear one rep there is no problem, you can tell hin that you buy in a shop some years ago...
    Repeat.....you do not need to tell anyone when or where you bought a watch. In the US at least it is not illegal to buy a counterfeit watch even though customs can seize it. It is not illegal to own a counterfeit watch. It is only illegal to sell a counterfeit watch. Customs will only give you an issue if you are bringing a bunch of watches back and it has nothing to do with them being fake and everything to do with them believing they are for sale with the person bringing them into the country trying to avoid the duty fees to bring them in for sale. This would happen the same if the watches were genuine.

Leave a comment:

• QWERTY7888889
    replied
    For me if you wear one rep there is no problem, you can tell hin that you buy in a shop some years ago...

Leave a comment:

• rog1079
    replied
    This thread delivers. I just wish I could tell apart the folks screwing with people from the ones that legitimately believe this nonsense.

Customs at airports isn’t looking for counterfeit watches, they are looking for people trying to smuggle items purchased abroad into the country without paying the import tax. If you are traveling with a couple watches packed you have nothing to worry about. If you are coming into the country with a suitcase full of watches packaged up in boxes you will run into issues. This would happen with genuine watches as well.

Take the foil hats off people, most of the people in this thread are making fun of you.

Leave a comment:

• rog1079
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramils View Post
    Thats the story of my life. I just dont know which half is true and which is not. !
    None of these ridiculous stories are true.....you can’t possibly be that gullible.

Aside from the average TSA agent not knowing a real Rolex from a counterfeit, it isn’t illegal to own a fake, just illegal to sell it.

Leave a comment:

• rog1079
    replied
    Originally posted by freediver View Post
    Half of them is true which is also scary
    Right......????

Leave a comment:

• Nikz19
    replied
    Originally posted by mari115 View Post

Well, if you travel to any country with a bunch of reps in your suitcase you either are a retard or clueless.
    This is not the point of the thread.
    If you wear one rep, and have another in your suitcase or your wife’s suitcase, NO ONE is gonna give a shit about what you are wearing /bringing inside the country.

But if you are bringing a bunch of reps, all stashed away in your suitcase as if you are trying to smuggle them, then you are in for some fun with the local authorities, but still, no one has ever suggested that

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    ^^^Totally this. If you got a bunch of reps in your luggage as you said that can be seen as importing counterfeit goods to sell them in their country.

Not really the smartest move

Leave a comment:

• mari115
    replied
    Originally posted by pancorjackhammer View Post
    I invite all of you to visit Switzerland with a bunch of reps in your suitcase. You will have a very nice experience when you get pulled for a customs check.
    Well, if you travel to any country with a bunch of reps in your suitcase you either are a retard or clueless.
    This is not the point of the thread.
    If you wear one rep, and have another in your suitcase or your wife’s suitcase, NO ONE is gonna give a shit about what you are wearing /bringing inside the country.

But if you are bringing a bunch of reps, all stashed away in your suitcase as if you are trying to smuggle them, then you are in for some fun with the local authorities, but still, no one has ever suggested that

Leave a comment:

• blurred_line
    replied
    Originally posted by pancorjackhammer View Post
    I invite all of you to visit Switzerland with a bunch of reps in your suitcase. You will have a very nice experience when you get pulled for a customs check.
    Care to elaborate please?

Leave a comment:

• MrX
    replied
    It does happen but I guess depends on circumstances, I was stopped once as I look homeless in my flying clothes, went into Abu Dhabi and got pulled wearing a gold wrapped Daytona (hardly subtle, I know), they searched my bags, once they saw clearly business (e.g. a suit) and other designer items (like wash bag etc) they were the nicest and most respectful people ever.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dave77
    replied
    We came home from Turkey yesterday, got pulled for additional checks before boarding and got a right sweat on as I had 5 reps in my hold case, one in my carry on plus a seamaster on my arm but it was just a random check. He didn’t even flinch searching my bag and after a few mins I was on my way. I did panic though when they called me to one side!!!

Just trying to figure out a way to post some pics to get an idea if they’re any good, but look/feel decent to me

Leave a comment:

• pancorjackhammer
    replied
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rip-Qatar.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X