• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
To be fair, why bother taking priority boarding? It's a total waste of money. The plane isn't leaving without you.

Agree 100%! Only useful during security. When I'm boarding I always relax and wait until everyone else is already in. :D Why bother standing in line for such a long time? You're going to be sat there for a couple hours at least, why the rush?

Short trips, where everyone brings massive hand luggages and want to put all of them in the cabin, for example. If you are one of the last entering the plane chances are that your hand luggage will end up in the cargo hold and when you land you will have to wait for it. I travel often and if it's just a two or three day trip I only travel with hand luggage, with some formal shirts, informal stuff and a suit, and I don't want to waste time waiting in queues either to get on the plane or to wait for my luggage.

Although if you are checking lots of bags and don't travel with hand luggage then I agree, priority is not quite useful.

Kind of true, yes. But some airports shift bags quickly. And only applies to trips where you only take cabin luggage :)

Adrenix

5/12/18
Short trips, where everyone brings massive hand luggages and want to put all of them in the cabin, for example. If you are one of the last entering the plane chances are that your hand luggage will end up in the cargo hold and when you land you will have to wait for it. I travel often and if it's just a two or three day trip I only travel with hand luggage, with some formal shirts, informal stuff and a suit, and I don't want to waste time waiting in queues either to get on the plane or to wait for my luggage.

Although if you are checking lots of bags and don't travel with hand luggage then I agree, priority is not quite useful.

This is true, especially on no-frills airlines.

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
I am typing this from my cell at San Quentin - block 3 unit 15. They call it the "PC" block aka protective custody. During a flight back from NYC on one fine evening I spotted an obvious fake submariner with bad date mag and white ceramic insert font. I hustled over to the TSA security agent and ratted him out. Unbeknownst to me, the TSA security agent was actually hurk and he saw that i was wearing a vietnam gen spec 1675, but the R on the dial had too short legs, so he proceeded to lock both of us up.

Because of the fact that I ratted the other passenger out, I am now placed in protective custody. The other guy has been throwing little scraps of paper through my cell window every day with some nasty threats.

Send help

hey im in unit 19 thats so funny

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: leo6929

gapple

At least we are not talking about Trump.

Back in the ‘90s I flew to Caracas. I always had a Swiss Army knife (the smallest one) in my pocket. In those days, you could.

When leaving the airport in Caracas they took my little knife. I told them it was a present from a blind nun I saved from a crocodile, and the customs guy put it in his pocket. Fortunately his senior saw that and made him remove it from his pocket, which he rapidly inserted in his pocket. While I was arguing a few other officials came to se what the commotion was and the guy had to show it to the others.

Finally, the most senior officer took it and put it in his pocket and walked away.

I was wearing a gen Rolex and they never even looked at it.

Keep it up, ladies! This is fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hinclimincli

m221

Known Member
30/7/15
My relative true story really not making fun.

2 weeks ago she traveled to Geneva, she was wearing a replica Rolex, replica Gucci belt, replica Louis vitton travel luggage and a replica channel wallet. She bought all those copies from France and Turkey.

The customs stopped her and told her you have illegal items with you and it is against the country laws.

They detained her from 10:00 till 17:00. They made 4 custom illegal counterfeit reports to her for every piece/item.

They wanted her to pay a fine of 10,000 francs, after she said that she bought these items for a large amount of money and she said that she bought them from France and turkey, and if it was illegal why it was being sold in the first place . She told them she didn't know that by wearing them she is breaking any laws

They took the luggage, wallet, watch and belt. And she put all her cloths in a big blue plastic bag. And released her.

Not joking true story, I don't know why they did that to her.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13

2 weeks ago she traveled to Geneva, she was wearing a replica Rolex, replica Gucci belt, replica Louis vitton travel luggage and a replica channel wallet. She bought all those copies from France and Turkey.

The customs stopped her and told her you have illegal items with you and it is against the country laws.

They detained her from 10:00 till 17:00. They made 4 custom illegal counterfeit reports to her for every piece/item.

They wanted her to pay a fine of 10,000 francs, after she said that she bought these items for a large amount of money and she said that she bought them from France and turkey, and if it was illegal why it was being sold in the first place . She told them she didn't know that by wearing them she is breaking any laws

They took the luggage, wallet, watch and belt. And she put all her cloths in a big blue plastic bag. And released her.

WTF?!
AFAIK, it is legal to have reps. It is only illegal to sell them...

m221

Known Member
30/7/15
WTF?!
Yes that what I thought as well.

I am trying to understand why and how all this happened and if they really have the right to do so.

I guess the Louis vitton lugage was a red flag. And maybe when they start to ask if it is authentic or not. She said no not authentic and that's how they took advantage of the situation.

But the real question is wearing or trying to enter the country with replicas as your belongings, bags shoes watches belts etccc breaks the laws and is illegal in Geneva?

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
WTF?!

I know that’s the case in the U.K.
Switzerland might be different as it is the case in Australia. Customs will seize imported faked goods when passing thought the borders

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Switzerland is a very tight country regarding clone watches. Moreover (not sure it was the case), it’s definitely a red flag if you are packed with 50k+ flashy designer items and proceed to economy class. :)

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Because counterfeit items are illegal in some countries - and that includes possession of, import of, export of, sale of.

Reactions: Rolemars

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
WTF?!

Well that would depend on what country you're in wouldn't it ?

Possession of counterfeit items is illegal in many countries.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Switzerland is a very tight country regarding clone watches. Moreover (not sure it was the case), it’s definitely a red flag if you are packed with 50k+ flashy designer items and proceed to economy class. :)

hahaha it's a good thing that my company always puts me in the 1st class or else I'm screwed haha

Reactions: Rolemars

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
hahaha it's a good thing that my company always puts me in the 1st class or else I'm screwed haha

Totally. I always fly chicken class and I saw two very pretty girs from the cabin crew talking to each other while pointing at my wrist. I paid some attention and I could hear them talk:

-"that green-ish lume... definitely too green..."
-"absolutely, and that's not 8.5mm thick, definitely 9,5mm!"
-"so fake, omg, what a fake, even the crown is protruding half a mm!"

I felt a bit embarrassed, but then I just stood up and walked to them, and told them I changed the datewheel overlay myself. They just wet their panties and stayed in my hotel for the whole trip as sexual slaves.

There's a lesson here, kids. Wear your reps proudly!

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Totally. I always fly chicken class and I saw two very pretty girs from the cabin crew talking to each other while pointing at my wrist. I paid some attention and I could hear them talk:

I felt a bit embarrassed, but then I just stood up and walked to them, and told them I changed the datewheel overlay myself. They just wet their panties and stayed in my hotel for the whole trip as sexual slaves.

Oh well, i wish i could change dwo myself. That’d be really helpful

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
When I fly, I smuggle my reps up my arsehole, to save any issues with customs. I find the 45mm PAMs and my thick divers can be a little tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton

Hahaha. That's some story in there specially the sexual slaves. Heheh.

Last month I travel abroad again going to a conference here in CONUS, and I'm wearing my usual business attire and a guy came to me and says that I have a nice Ice Bang, and from that I knew he's a watch guy as well and he's saying that he works for Hublot and I proudly say that what I have is a replica only and he don't want to believe me as I'm flying in 1st class and the watch looks Gen as per him.

And I remember telling him, "It's how you wear it"

Proud owner of a rep here! =D

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hahaha. That's some story in there specially the sexual slaves. Heheh.

Last month I travel abroad again going to a conference here in CONUS, and I'm wearing my usual business attire and a guy came to me and says that I have a nice Ice Bang, and from that I knew he's a watch guy as well and he's saying that he works for Hublot and I proudly say that what I have is a replica only and he don't want to believe me as I'm flying in 1st class and the watch looks Gen as per him.

And I remember telling him, "It's how you wear it"

Proud owner of a rep here! =D

They fly you on 1st when going to conferences?! Goddammit. I worked seven years in the conference sector and never went past premium economy...

shortyNL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/19
Damn after reading some of these stories i'm gonna think twice before going to the airport with a rep on..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk