• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

madmax1967

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/19
Italy
I believe they would look after boxed items you can (in theory) sell, not at the watch you're wearing... or they'll finish stopping (or even arresting?!?) people with fake bags, eyeglasses, jewelry... not to speak of all of the iPhones bought overseas when the currency ratio was favorable...

Adrenix

5/12/18
A very closed friend has been arrested for a fake montblanc (it was a present, he even didn't know it wasn't genuine), his lawyer informed him that he had a lot of cases of people with rep watches caught at the airports and also that there are special corps trained to find reps.

Are you sure?

Even the self confessed 'experts' on here can't tell the difference between a rep and gen when blown up on high resolution photos. How the hell do you expect someone to be able to tell at 2-3m away on your wrist?

It simply does not happen unless you have a stomach/ ass / bag full of them.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
A very closed friend has been arrested for a fake montblanc (it was a present, he even didn't know it wasn't genuine), his lawyer informed him that he had a lot of cases of people with rep watches caught at the airports and also that there are special corps trained to find reps.

I'm praying for your friend. Hope everything turns out well

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Is that really the case? I mean if you wear it or you can see that it is used (so you already had it and not try to smuggle it in) on which law they can actually arrest/confestigate you? Atleast in my country (Germany) that sounds impossible? Because it is not a crime to actually have reps only to import them.

Very interesting.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
These kind of posts make me a bit scared to be honest. If you carry your watch on the wrist, would they really care?

Spooky27

12/2/19
When I went through TSA, the guard standing there began to eye me. I tried not to act nervous while I slid my jacket over my Noob GMT but he must have noticed. He walked over the the guy who was looking at my boarding pass and I couldn't quite hear them muttering, but I did hear SEL. I then distinctly heard "incorrect hand stack" and I began to panic internally. When they asked me to come over to look through my stuff, they told me I was required to have my receipt from a jeweler that shows I purchased my watch and they needed to have it otherwise I couldn't board my flight. They said they were going to hold onto the watch and let me go onto my flight, and I could have it back when I had proof I had paid for the watch...

Sounds like they were messing with you. I bet they were laughing after you left, they just came up on a new Noob to mod themselves!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I was stopped at JFK because one of my Rolex rep set off the radiation detector on the officers belt. On inspection the steel had a high radioactive reading. Maybe some factories are using cheap ex reactor stainless? Anyway, ‘I let them’ keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
The other day I noticed a strange and spooky feeling when I was walking down the street. Suddenly instinctively sidestepped and *crash! a fridge some guys were lifting fell and smashed right next to me. Since I wear reps I have developed an amazing sixth sense, and yesterday I woke up sleeping in the ceiling!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I got some trouble at airport security at Heathrow last week. Had to remove my watch and put it in a grey container, along with my laptop, which was gen. I did get to keep them both though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Sounds like they were messing with you. I bet they were laughing after you left, they just came up on a new Noob to mod themselves!

5cPAA.gif

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
Newbie here. Evening. I've got a genuine Tag I wear across Europe on my footy travels.Never been inspected in the tray or on my wrist.

KSolid21

29/1/19
This has to be one of the funniest threads I’ve ever read ????

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
It’s best to avoid airports altogether, just to be safe. The only safe way to get around is by sea, have a chat to your local smugglers and they can sort you out...the travel time is longer but well worth the risk when wearing a rep. Stay safe folks!

Palmtree1723

Looking Around
18/9/16
This thread is so so funny.
After reading all these stories, I start fearing that in my next flight trip I will be stopped and questioned whether my undies are clean or if my socks match my tie.
C’mon guys, relax and enjoy life

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: SuperLory

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Are you sure?

Even the self confessed 'experts' on here can't tell the difference between a rep and gen when blown up on high resolution photos. How the hell do you expect someone to be able to tell at 2-3m away on your wrist?

It simply does not happen unless you have a stomach/ ass / bag full of them.
Yes definetly sure, at the end of the day we just spend few hours here whilst they're hardly trained for months and months studying to find reps (he said there are also summer camps in chinese factories)

Reactions: Maron

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Yes definetly sure, at the end of the day we just spend few hours here whilst they're hardly trained for months and months studying to find reps (he said there are also summer camps in chinese factories)

Loooool

Adrenix

5/12/18

Trained for months!

hahahahahahaa.

I have a bridge i'd like to sell you.....

Reactions: SuperLory

Six cylinders

27/3/18
I’m a newbie and have been lurking for a while but have had to wait until now to post anything. The reason being is that I’ve only just received my special security software that enables me to post on a rep forum without detection. I will respond to any feedback but it may not be instantly as I have to turn my computer off after each post.