• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
5496aedefa9ec7a14903acefa5356cde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Just in case anyone is still under the illusion that any of the above is true let me say that possession of a rep in the US is not even a criminal offence so why would either mob show the slightest interest in the fact you have one on? OK I wouldn't be coming thru customs with a dozen reps but mainly in case they thought they were gens and I copped an import charge. You are quite safe traveling with two or three watches.

Reactions: HauntedHat

Doc brown

1/11/17
I don't know about America but in some Asian countries I think you have to be careful. I flew into Mumbai International airport. They only scanned my hand luggage upon seeing 2 of my Noob Daytonas new and fresh from China. He said you have 2 watches in your luggage. I said yes and they are mine. Then he said I need to see them. My heart started pounding like no tomorrow. Then I said I'm in a rush I have to go. He asked what brand. I said Casio and Seiko. Then he said again I need to see them and said go to the officers near him. As he turned away, I just power walked out the door and found a taxi as fast as I could to get out like a spy hiding disguise in a movie.

These assholes target foreign people. I don't think it was legit. I think he either wanted to see the watches to see if they would looked good on his wrist to keep or to get a bribe. I was lucky but extremely pissed. If he had seen them, I wouldn't have won because they look so good to someone like him - if I said they were reps he wouldn't believe me and asked for gen tax rates or (b) take them to "destroy" (but really take for himself). To my knowledge at least 2 watches there should be no legal issue.

This is a true story btw

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I don't know about America but in some Asian countries I think you have to be careful. I flew into Mumbai International airport. They only scanned my hand luggage upon seeing 2 of my Noob Daytonas new and fresh from China. He said you have 2 watches in your luggage. I said yes and they are mine. Then he said I need to see them. My heart started pounding like no tomorrow. Then I said I'm in a rush I have to go. He asked what brand. I said Casio and Seiko. Then he said again I need to see them and said go to the officers near him. As he turned away, I just power walked out the door and found a taxi as fast as I could to get out like a spy hiding disguise in a movie.

These assholes target foreign people. I don't think it was legit. I think he either wanted to see the watches to see if they would looked good on his wrist to keep or to get a bribe. I was lucky but extremely pissed. If he had seen them, I wouldn't have won because they look so good to someone like him - if I said they were reps he wouldn't believe me and asked for gen tax rates or (b) take them to "destroy" (but really take for himself). To my knowledge at least 2 watches there should be no legal issue.

This is a true story btw

Saw a video on youtube of a guy travelling from Tokyo to Seoul with two gen rolex in his checked-in luggage (how careless must you be??!): when he received his luggage at the belt it was locked and he had to go to customs to open it (random check). When they found the watch they said, you cannot bring this into the country, this stays here with us until you fly back to your country, otherwise you have to pay import taxes.

Doc brown

1/11/17
Saw a video on youtube of a guy travelling from Tokyo to Seoul with two gen rolex in his checked-in luggage (how careless must you be??!): when he received his luggage at the belt it was locked and he had to go to customs to open it (random check). When they found the watch they said, you cannot bring this into the country, this stays here with us until you fly back to your country, otherwise you have to pay import taxes.

Yeah it would have ended like that but from the way this guy was behaving I don't think I would have got them back. He never made eye contact, Kept asking me and looking away. Is this the actual procedure when bringing watches to asian countries where they hold it? And then the other argument is the import tax is for brand new items yeah? Not for used or without box papers. I don't get it.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Try to traveling without Rolex it’s really nightmare Brand...

jdinaz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/13
They are not going to check what you're wearing unless you've got a suitcase full of replica watches you're pulling behind you. They also cannot just seize property without a reason (like if you're suspected of money laundering/smuggling). In fact, the stuff they don't allow past security is still technically yours, you *can* have someone take it from you & give them instructions later, or if you have the opportunity, go back & check it. But since you're in a shit situation, most people just "throw it away".

CatMoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
27/8/18
Miami, FL
No way, wear your reps like it's going out of style!! Security doesn't care or even think twice about this type of thing

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I have an interesting story, true. If you care to believe it or not ...

On transfer at FRA, security looked at my watch case containing 6 watches and found it suspicious enough to inspect. I had thought I lost my passport on route somewhere and was taking a gamble that after security immigration would let me through with whatever documents I had remaining. Them rummaging through the contents suddenly revealed my passport! I thanked them profusely. The security guy informed his colleagues "these are valuables" and then sort of kidded with me, "give me one of these for finding your passport".

It is true as another member says that at Indian ports they scan your hand carry upon arrival. Mumbai is the worst. Other cities, it seems they are only interested in gold.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I have an interesting story, true. If you care to believe it or not ...

On transfer at FRA, security looked at my watch case containing 6 watches and found it suspicious enough to inspect. I had thought I lost my passport on route somewhere and was taking a gamble that after security immigration would let me through with whatever documents I had remaining. Them rummaging through the contents suddenly revealed my passport! I thanked them profusely. The security guy informed his colleagues "these are valuables" and then sort of kidded with me, "give me one of these for finding your passport".

It is true as another member says that at Indian ports they scan your hand carry upon arrival. Mumbai is the worst. Other cities, it seems they are only interested in gold.

Wow, do you travel often with 6 watches? I would find it suspicious...

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Wow, do you travel often with 6 watches? I would find it suspicious...

Well, a guy needs different color watches to match his shirts, dont he? :rofl:
As far as shoes go, just brown and black and sneaker and flip flops would suffice

xF11G.jpg

I see here I am still missing a blue, perhaps a dark grey :(

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
As far as shoes go, just brown and black and sneaker and flip flops would suffice

xF11G.jpg

Nope, you just need a steel bracelet on that Daytona!

Reactions: theREALgoat

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

xF11G.jpg

And all Rolex too boot! You really got lucky with that security guy :D

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
And all Rolex too boot! You really got lucky with that security guy :D

Actually, at that time (few months ago) it was 4 rolex and two Japanese, Seiko Astron and Citizen Eco Drive. Both the latter are satellite controlled and as long they see the sun and therefore the satellites to re-synchronize, they will not lose more than +/-1s, period.

Now, I wont travel with 6 orr 8 reps, unless I go to the good ol' Trumplands :baby:

Mastapeas

Known Member
10/7/15
Don’t go to Switzerland. It can get confiscated!! And don’t fly internationally with anything that looks new. Customs might break your chops to pay your duties.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
My wife's sister told me to never wear fakes to Europe because the customs will immediately notice it, confiscate it, and fine you thousands of euros.
According to her it already happens to many people... I asked her where she learned about this and she said it was posted in facebook.