• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

Ramils

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/18
All
am just curious if anyone has faced any issue wearing a rep and coming to the country or traveling in general ? In my mind it is a possibility that the airport may ask you for a thorough check and find you are wearing a rep - is that a problem or they wouldnt care ( privided they know how to spot a rep).

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
All
am just curious if anyone has faced any issue wearing a rep and coming to the country or traveling in general ? In my mind it is a possibility that the airport may ask you for a thorough check and find you are wearing a rep - is that a problem or they wouldnt care ( privided they know how to spot a rep).

I got my ass tased at LaGuardia for wearing a rep through security. I managed to make my flight but they confiscated my rep. If you wear reps you had better be prepared to live on the edge.

Ramils

31/8/18
Humm. How did that happen? How did they findout you are wearing a rep? Thanks for the info as it is important factor in my decision on the road to rep

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Hahahaha OP -- no one cares! you're the only one who knows it's a rep so wear something you could afford in real life and don't sweat it. look the part and you're 95% of the way home.

Reactions: Ramils

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
When I went through TSA, the guard standing there began to eye me. I tried not to act nervous while I slid my jacket over my Noob GMT but he must have noticed. He walked over the the guy who was looking at my boarding pass and I couldn't quite hear them muttering, but I did hear SEL. I then distinctly heard "incorrect hand stack" and I began to panic internally. When they asked me to come over to look through my stuff, they told me I was required to have my receipt from a jeweler that shows I purchased my watch and they needed to have it otherwise I couldn't board my flight. They said they were going to hold onto the watch and let me go onto my flight, and I could have it back when I had proof I had paid for the watch...

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Humm. How did that happen? How did they findout you are wearing a rep? Thanks for the info as it is important factor in my decision on the road to rep

TSA makes you take your shoes and belt off. They also make you empty your pockets. However, they allow you to keep your watch on your wrist and they use the hand screener on the wrist area. I usually wear my old gen Oyster Perpetual Date so I wasn't even thinking about it. On this particular day I had on my GF Breitling Colt with a blue dial. When the TSA agent scanned my wrist I think he saw the blue dial which is much too dark and an instant tell.

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
I got my ass tased at LaGuardia for wearing a rep through security. I managed to make my flight but they confiscated my rep. If you wear reps you had better be prepared to live on the edge.

Sorry to hear about the confiscation. Well, timegrapher results were probably horrible anyway after your electric encounter.

Reactions: Ramils

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
Very strange story! You must have had some really bad luck, I'm convinced that a large majority of customs agents wouldn't even glance at your watch.

Reactions: Bigo and Ramils

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
"It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the RepWatch Zone".

Ramils

31/8/18
Those two are scary stories. Sorry that it happensd to you guys. I fly a lot - almost every week so my encounter wih tsa is too much. I am not sure if i want to take that risk. So maybe keep the rep off the wrist while traveling. I wear my seiko skx007 and for that also some tsa agents asked me if you are earing a rolex and I tell them - do i look like i wear a rolex and fly coach !!! They get the joke - I have the tsa precheck so they know i am frequent traveller.

Ramils

31/8/18
zinduna - 95% is bad. I take abt 100 flights a month (fly every week). So that means i can be stopped for rep abt 5 times a year. !!! Thats too many ????????????

Reactions: federik91

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
I am typing this from my cell at San Quentin - block 3 unit 15. They call it the "PC" block aka protective custody. During a flight back from NYC on one fine evening I spotted an obvious fake submariner with bad date mag and white ceramic insert font. I hustled over to the TSA security agent and ratted him out. Unbeknownst to me, the TSA security agent was actually hurk and he saw that i was wearing a vietnam gen spec 1675, but the R on the dial had too short legs, so he proceeded to lock both of us up.

Because of the fact that I ratted the other passenger out, I am now placed in protective custody. The other guy has been throwing little scraps of paper through my cell window every day with some nasty threats.

Send help