Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an interesting story, true. If you care to believe it or not ...

On transfer at FRA, security looked at my watch case containing 6 watches and found it suspicious enough to inspect. I had thought I lost my passport on route somewhere and was taking a gamble that after security immigration would let me through with whatever documents I had remaining. Them rummaging through the contents suddenly revealed my passport! I thanked them profusely. The security guy informed his colleagues "these are valuables" and then sort of kidded with me, "give me one of these for finding your passport".

It is true as another member says that at Indian ports they scan your hand carry upon arrival. Mumbai is the worst. Other cities, it seems they are only interested in gold.

Comment

Thank you OP,
      this thread is the thread that keeps on giving!

Comment

Originally posted by r0b9502 View Post
        I have an interesting story, true. If you care to believe it or not ...

On transfer at FRA, security looked at my watch case containing 6 watches and found it suspicious enough to inspect. I had thought I lost my passport on route somewhere and was taking a gamble that after security immigration would let me through with whatever documents I had remaining. Them rummaging through the contents suddenly revealed my passport! I thanked them profusely. The security guy informed his colleagues "these are valuables" and then sort of kidded with me, "give me one of these for finding your passport".

It is true as another member says that at Indian ports they scan your hand carry upon arrival. Mumbai is the worst. Other cities, it seems they are only interested in gold.
        Wow, do you travel often with 6 watches? I would find it suspicious...

Comment

Originally posted by The Rod View Post

Well, a guy needs different color watches to match his shirts, dont he?
          As far as shoes go, just brown and black and sneaker and flip flops would suffice

I see here I am still missing a blue, perhaps a dark grey

Comment

As far as shoes go, just brown and black and sneaker and flip flops would suffice

Nope, you just need a steel bracelet on that Daytona!

Comment

And all Rolex too boot! You really got lucky with that security guy

Comment

And all Rolex too boot! You really got lucky with that security guy
                Actually, at that time (few months ago) it was 4 rolex and two Japanese, Seiko Astron and Citizen Eco Drive. Both the latter are satellite controlled and as long they see the sun and therefore the satellites to re-synchronize, they will not lose more than +/-1s, period.

Now, I wont travel with 6 orr 8 reps, unless I go to the good ol' Trumplands

Comment

LOL at the creative comments.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t go to Switzerland. It can get confiscated!! And don’t fly internationally with anything that looks new. Customs might break your chops to pay your duties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife's sister told me to never wear fakes to Europe because the customs will immediately notice it, confiscate it, and fine you thousands of euros.
                      According to her it already happens to many people... I asked her where she learned about this and she said it was posted in facebook.

Comment

Just came back from Switzerland. Went to EU through Germany with my Hublot Classic Fusion rep on, coming back through Zurich. Going through Germany, I forgot to even take my watch off my wrist and passed through the metal detector fine. On my way back, through Zurich no one even cared about my rep, as it was just "another thing" in the pile of coats, phones, keys, etc.

Comment

This is just so entertaining and hilarious
                          I've been in EU, Asia (Pakistan / India) & Middle East countries and never had an issue at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My experience may be of use to fellow members and OP.

I generally travel with a watch on each wrist. On a recent trip via JFK, I happened to have a Breitling GMT Chronomat on my left wrist and a Hublot Fusion Big Bang on the right wrist.
                            I never get stopped at security so did not anticipate anything this time either, until just as I was picking up my keys, cellphone ,laptop off the tray after the X ray machine, the security guy (a big beefy fellow, with a sharp eye....) stopped me.
                            "You, sir", he said, "are a twat".

I agreed, apologized profusely and promised to never touch a Hublot again.

Close shave, and an important lesson for me, personally. Hope it is of help to others.

Comment

I moved from London to Spain temporarily this last October (haven't very active here since), and took a case of 8 watches full. Aquanaut, Royal Oak, Datejust, Nautilus, you name it. No one gave a flying **** about them :-)

Comment

Rome and any other "designer" capitals will be on your ass for reps.

Been stopped for Gucci/Fendi/Prada reps in customs

Comment

Working...
                                X